WTB/WTT: 5-Valve CC (no longer looking)

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
nfl04
lurker
lurker

WTB/WTT: 5-Valve CC (no longer looking)

Post by nfl04 »

Hello!

Reposting again in hopes of finding something, and edited for the fact that I’ve changed my mind a bit. A CC horn started making more sense for me to purchase instead of a BBb. I’m currently looking for a 4/4 CC tuba. I’d like It in silver plate and with the 4 pistons, one rotor setup. I’m open to almost any brand, just needs to have the above specifications and be in good shape. If it’s a Jupiter, I won’t even look at it, sorry. It’s the only brand that I will never even think of purchasing. Rotary valves are a long shot as well... My preferred brands are Conn and Wessex, but like I said, I’ll look at, and consider, almost anything. Would like to keep price range at $4k-$5k, but can be greatly negotiable, just send me your offer. No more than a few hundred over $8.5K though. I’m open to trades as well, but I prefer to purchase. I have a 94’ Besson 700 series 4v non-compensating euphonium in silver plate, and a 2019 Schiller Elite Field Series Marching Euphonium in nickel plate that I’m willing to do so with. Both are essentially like brand new, with both original cases and mouthpieces. Besson euphs like mine usually list for about $2,500-$2,800. The Schiller was about $800 new, so I’d probably list it for about $700 considering it’s only been played about 3 times and has only left the house once. I’m located in the Eastern KY area. Once again, I would rather purchase a horn than do a trade. And to inform potential sellers ahead of time, I need the horn before school starts in august, so I won’t necessarily be able to buy it NOW off the bat. I’ve still got some saving up to do, and I have more time to browse all of my options since I don’t absolutely have to have it yet.

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by nfl04 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nadaleigh
—————————————————————————————
94’ Besson 700 series
19’ Schiller Elite Field Series
74’ Kiev Eb
thetubawizard
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB/WTT: 4v BBb or 5v CC

Post by thetubawizard »

PM Sent.
nfl04
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB/WTT: 5v CC

Post by nfl04 »

Bump, because I’ve changed my mind a bit and am now seeking a CC horn instead of a BBb horn. CC horn started making more sense than a BBb for me.
Nadaleigh
94’ Besson 700 series
74’ Kiev Eb
nfl04
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB/WTT: 5-Valve CC

Post by nfl04 »

Bump, because of price range change
Nadaleigh
94’ Besson 700 series
74’ Kiev Eb
TomTuba
bugler
bugler

Post by TomTuba »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=95632" target="_blank

I have a nice Neptun CC for sale
BassTBone
bugler
bugler

Post by BassTBone »

I have a nice BMB J-845SP that fits your description and budget that I just posted. Here's the link.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98563" target="_blank
BMB J845SP CC tuba
1910 York Eb tuba
Mid 70s King Flugabone
Custom 4-valve bass Flugabone
Early 90s Greenhoe Bach 50b bass trombone
Early 70s Holton TR-180 Bass trombone
Mid 60s Conn 88h trombone
Early 70s Bach 36b trombone
Late 70s Bach 16m trombone
Oldschooltuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Oldschooltuba »

I have a very nice MW 3450. Silver and a 4-1 config. Plays great
Eric Hunter
http://www.tubaforum.net/index.php" target="_blank
186CC 5U (gone)
Rudy Meinl 5/4 CC (gone)
Silver CC Piggy (gone)
Meinl Weston F Model 45 (Gone)
B&S 5/4 CC Prototype
Yamaha 822F
York 6/4 CC (yes a real York BAT)
anotherjtm2
3 valves
3 valves

Post by anotherjtm2 »

I have a great 5V CC Musica-branded B&S that I could sell for $3k, but it's not silver, not pistons, and not Conn or Wessex. Still, it has good intonation and is easy to play.
John Morris
- 1960s CC Scherzer/Sander