WTB Conn 3v Bb bell up tuba

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Todd
lurker
lurker

WTB Conn 3v Bb bell up tuba

Post by Todd »

Hello:

Being in quarantine has revived has forced me back into practicing, which is not a bad thing. I normally perform so much and go to rehearsals they I have don't get around to alot practicing. Anyway I normally play on a conn 14k sousaphone. I mostly play traditional jazz and do not have a classical backround. I love this horn but why should I put a sousaphone on when Im sitting at home? I have a Conn 12j from the 1988, its alright, but its not really a Conn in my mind. I also have a king 1231 that I used to love playing but due to the difference in the bore between conn and king I find it hard to switch back and forth. Basically I'm hoping to find a tuba that plays like my 14k.

Anyway to sum it up Im looking for A Conn 3v (will consider 4v) front action Bb tuba. Maybe a 28j?. Not a 20j. Im prettie open in terms of condition.

Okay thanks for any responses.
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

Re: WTB Conn 3v Bb bell up tuba

Post by EdFirth »

You might try a Conn 10 J.Three valve top action compact horns that make a great classic Conn sound and, to me, blow very much like a 14K sousaphone.If you're not familiar with that model there's a "Tone King" at Dillon's that looks just like one. That one is in about as nice shape as I've seem but they come up on Ebay fairly regularly in not as great shape but quite a bit less money. 5-6oo bucks.They are rarely listed as 10J's, but if it's a Conn and looks like the one at Dillon's that's what it is.Best of luck in your search. Ed
The Singing Whale
Todd
lurker
lurker

Re: WTB Conn 3v Bb bell up tuba

Post by Todd »

Thanks for the response. Yes I see that tone king has the same bore as a 14 k, nice looking horn too. I'm still wondering if there is something like that with front action valves....