I need a neck

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Braumeister
lurker
lurker

I need a neck

Post by Braumeister »

I need to find a neck (and bits if possible) for a Besson souzy. If you can help me out, I’d appreciate it.

I have a King neck and Conn bits that KINDA work, but leak like a sieve and make it a tough blow. I’d like to get all stock parts and really be able to play this thing, ‘cause I think it probably will sound pretty good.

email me at milemarkerzero AT tds.net

Thanks,
Steve
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: I need a neck

Post by iiipopes »

Would this Allied chart help with matching a neck to the receiver?
SousaNecksandBits.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Braumeister
lurker
lurker

Re: I need a neck

Post by Braumeister »

bloke wrote:Try a Conn neck, before resorting to trying to luck into finding one...or having one custom made.

Based on a couple of 1967 pictures of Booker T. Jones (of Stax/organ fame) playing a Besson at Stax, the original necks were similar (in curvature) to Conn but slightly (inconsequentially?) shorter.

It's difficult to guess, obviously, but the receiver (in the pictures to which I refer) looks to be a little but larger than King and closer to Conn.
It currently has a King neck. The receiver was split at some point. I had it repaired, an the King neck barely fits into it. It doesn't seal, even cranking down the screw.

I don’t have it here at home, but I’ll try to post some pics when I get a chance.