WTB: BBb sousaphone valve cluster, 4 valves.

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Steve Oberheu
pro musician
pro musician

WTB: BBb sousaphone valve cluster, 4 valves.

Post by Steve Oberheu »

I currently have a King 2350 that I would like to make into a 4-valve instrument. Just wondering is there a 4-valve cluster for BBb sousaphone somewhere out there that might work with the bow and bell of the King? Any leads appreciated!
"Love Songs & Pirate Songs: The Life and Music of Roger Bobo" — the new authorized biography — is available now at: http://www.upperhaymusic.com/?product=l ... iratesongs
KingBassTrombone
bugler
bugler

Re: WTB: BBb sousaphone valve cluster, 4 valves.

Post by KingBassTrombone »

The most plug-and-play solution would be a King 1251/2351 valve cluster... you'll be looking for a while if you're after one of those. The King MTS/lead pipe arrangement makes fitting different valve sets difficult. A Reynolds valve set might work, since they're very close in bore, if you also transfer the lower neckpipe and MTS of the Reynolds.