Plastic mouthpieces

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
willias203
bugler
bugler

Plastic mouthpieces

Post by willias203 »

Hello, I have an allergy to nickel and silver plating so for tuba I use gold rimmed or stainless steel.

I am looking for plastic mouthpieces for my trombone and euphonium since neither of those are my main instrument. 1 small shank and 1 large shank

Lemme know what you got laying around!
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: Plastic mouthpieces

Post by iiipopes »

Have you tried the Kelly mouthpieces? They are solid lexan. I keep a Kelly tuba mouthpiece at hand for when I have to play outdoors in temperature extremes. The prices are reasonable.

Also, most manufacturers of two- or three-piece mouthpieces carry rims of lexan in various sizes. I recommend the blokepieces.
Jupiter JTU1110
"Real" Conn 36K
Doug Elliott
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Plastic mouthpieces

Post by Doug Elliott »

In case you're not familiar with Doug Elliott Mouthpieces, I have been making 3 piece low brass mouthpieces for the past 40 years and I think I am the originator of using Lexan for mouthpieces. I can make Lexan rims for all of my mouthpieces, all sizes and shapes.