Wessex Festivo (edit: purchased)

Post here if seeking to buy music related items.
Forum rules
Reminder: "Go fund me" requests are not allowed and should be reported. All requests will be deleted. If you are Looking to trade an instrument, We are requiring all ads to have the following information. Approximate trade value, Brand, Model, and location (for instruments, not accessories)
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Wessex Festivo (edit: purchased)

Post by Tubaing »

In case anyone has one and doesn't want one anymore... let me know.

kevin.m.specht@gmail.com

Maybe will buy a new one...?
Kevin Specht
Keep on Tubaing
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Wessex Festivo (edit: purchased)

Post by Tubaing »

I ended up going to the Wessex Chicago Showroom. Had a really great time trying out instruments.They ended up letting me buy the demo model rather than waiting several months for the next shipment. I was very pleased. Was told that that they will be getting a new one in soon for demo that has been updated in a few ways (we'll see) to be more similar to the Duplex model:
1. Straighter leadpipe that will wrap around more so you can hold the instrument more with the valves on the front rather than on an angle
2. Removed the left hand ring (I don't like the ring on mind. I wish it had something like a paddle like they have on the Jazz Tuba. I actually find my left hand thumb hanging out in the 3rd valve compensating loop slide ring much of the time
3. Better case
4. Maybe have a removable 1st valve slide compensating loop.

A few thoughts of my own:
1. Needs water keys on the #1 and #2 compensating loops if not removable.
2. I wish the tuning slide was longer
3. Kinda confused why there is an extra long tube connecting the 3rd to 4th valve (the droopy pipe with a water key). Maybe that could be shortened and added to the MTS.
4. Its a really nice horn and I plan to keep it for a while (although I want to try the updated version when it comes out). I previously had a Yamaha YEP-642... the Yamaha played a lot better (easier response in the low register and more beautiful sound in the upper register) but a $6,XXX instrument should play really nice.
Kevin Specht
Keep on Tubaing