Where to buy 5th valve thumb lever?

Repair and modification discussion
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Where to buy 5th valve thumb lever?

Post by bort »

I want to rework the 5th valve thumb trigger on my Willson. I never liked the tiny stock "nub", and a few years ago had a local person make something paddle shaped for me from sheet metal.

It looks and functions okay, but it is rather crude. The whole 5th linkage should be replaced (I still have some new Willson parts to install for the 5th valve).

I'd really like something MW, B&S, etc style. Any ideas where I could possibly find something?

I've contacted Voigt, but they don't have any RH thumb parts to sell.

Any ideas or leads?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Where to buy 5th valve thumb lever?

Post by bort »

Forgot about Miraphone...

And of course about 10 years ago, I bought parts from Miraphone for a 5th valve conversion... never used them, and sold them. Whoops!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Hahaha, yeah yeah yeah :)
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Why stop there? I should just buy a new Miraphone, harvest the 5th valve stuff, and write off the rest as a business loss.

Seriously though, I have no problem ordering things and spending some money for it... but I want to be reasonably sure that whatever I buy would fit.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I have also considered a left hand 5th valve, but the 5th slide wrap gets in the way. Rerouting the tubig and buying those parts would be prohibitively expensive. Not to mention the death blow to popularity (as if "Willson" weren't enough!), a left hand fifth valve.