Linkage Reconstruction Suggestions on Jinbao 410CC

Repair and modification discussion
colintoobah
lurker
lurker

Linkage Reconstruction Suggestions on Jinbao 410CC

Post by colintoobah »

Hi all,

I purchaced a used Jinbao(MACK) 410CC clone close to two years ago now, it has served me well compromising only in the areas you would expect a $2000 chineese tuba to do so. The bell is much weaker than id like it to be, but that is much easier to deal with than the situation I am in with my linkages. The design that Jinbao used on their linkages at the time used rotor balls/minibals/whatever tightened by a tiny nut added before each "minibal"(I wish :roll: ) lending them to break loose constantly making it unusable without constant readjustment.

After keeping up with this for the entire time ive owned this tuba, it has gotten very tiring. What can I do to fix/replace these?

I live in central Kentucky, finding a shop wouldnt be an awful issue, but if I could fix/add this at home I could make it fit my schedule more easily. High school band in this area gets very busy in late January and early February with university honor bands and All-State band, making no room for a shop visit for a while.

Any suggestions are appreciated, just looking to assess my options right now.
Colin Teague,
Woodford County High School

MACK 410S 4/4 CC
Conn 15J 3/4 BBb
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: Linkage Reconstruction Suggestions on Jinbao 410CC

Post by Dan Schultz »

Go to your local hobby shop that handles DuBro linkage parts. DuBro also has a website. There are some pitfalls doing it yourself. Pay attention to clearance for whichever parts you choose to try. If the project get 'out of control' shop for a tech who knows their way around linkages.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.