Where to buy B&S tuning slides?

Repair and modification discussion
sidenius
bugler
bugler

Where to buy B&S tuning slides?

Post by sidenius »

I'm looking for a longer main tuning slide for my B&S 3096 CC tuba (build in 1989/1990) and - if possible - a longer 4th valve tuning slide.
I've tried to get in contact with B&S themselves, but nothing happens when you try to contact them. They simply seem to ignore any inquiry.

I talked to my tech about it and he looked very tired when I told him about my trying to get in contact with B&S.
He told me that they don't give a **** about small customers (including my tech) since Buffet-Crampon took over business.
The last time he ordered some spare parts from them, it took over a year before they arrived!

So - of course I'm now trying to find some other place to buy B&S long tuning slides.
joshealejo
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Where to buy B&S tuning slides?

Post by joshealejo »

Contact Mr. Bob Tucci (Robert Tucci on this board), he is such a gentleman and I am sure he is the one who might help you!

P.S. The 3096 is a very old model... I wish you much luck!

Best always,
José
Some stuff
bububassboner
pro musician
pro musician

Post by bububassboner »

No joke the last time I had to get parts from them I needed valve guides for a PT6P. I was the repair nco for the army band in Germany. After six months of being either told I can’t get them or just being ignored I ended up driving to the factory, walking into the production floor, and begging a worker to give me some. If I needed a slide for an older model I’d look into having someone make a new one for you. Hope you can find an old one!
Big tubas
Little tubas
Army Strong
Go Ducks!
sidenius
bugler
bugler

Post by sidenius »

Thanks everyone for feed back
I ended up contacting Ronny Münze in Markneukirchen (http://www.tubadoc.de/index.htm" target="_blank) who is now working on new custom made tuning slides
He is certainly recommendable!

Bertil