Conn, King, Olds, Yamaha, Jupiter sousanecks ALWAYS in stock Bookmark and Share

Conn, King, Olds, Yamaha, Jupiter sousanecks ALWAYS in stock

Postby bloke » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 pm

When I see that I have all the repairable pieces to make a neck for a particular brand of sousaphone, I put them in a zip-lock and put that zip-lock in a labeled bin.

I HATE stocking necks...They're expensive, and Amazon insures that I can't make but 15 or 20 bucks on them...
...so when someone local needs an emergency neck, I build one, make it pretty (scrape, polish, lacquer), and charge the going Amazon rate for a new one. ' takes about an hour...

(...yeah, I pretty much have to stock some bits, but they aren't as expensive.)

bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Re: Conn, King, Olds, Yamaha, Jupiter sousanecks ALWAYS in s

Postby roweenie » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 pm

Those zip lock bags remind me of McMaster-Carr (I just got an order from them last week) 8)
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Conn, King, Olds, Yamaha, Jupiter sousanecks ALWAYS in s

Postby windshieldbug » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:26 am

bloke wrote:When I see that I have all the repairable pieces to make a neck for a particular brand of sousaphone, I put them in a zip-lock and put that zip-lock in a labeled bin.

I HATE stocking necks...They're expensive, and Amazon insures that I can't make but 15 or 20 bucks on them...
...so when someone local needs an emergency neck, I build one, make it pretty (scrape, polish, lacquer), and charge the going Amazon rate for a new one. ' takes about an hour...

8)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Return to Repair, Modification, and Construction