not particularly glamorous, but..a sousaphone bell..F tuba??

Repair and modification discussion

Labor Day hamburgers...

Total votes: 0

Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: not particularly glamorous, but..a sousaphone bell..F tu

Post by Three Valves »

Since its a holiday, and you have all day, charcoal is fine. Else gas.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Above the eyebrows, you look like Saul Goodman. :)
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

If we could only put a few of those in synchronous orbit we could cool the planet!! :tuba:

The only scientific consensus left to be reached is “where to set the thermostat” 8)
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

bloke wrote:bloke "breaking barriers, again. Possibly (??) one of the VERY FEW uses of a sousaphone in a symphony orchestra since the VIDEO seen of one (not verified that it was actually PLAYED in the recording studio) in the 1940 Disney movie, "Fantasia".
Bloke, "Chief" Kuhn is often shown playing a souzy, especially for the earliest acoustic recording sessions in lieu of a double bass. Do you know if anybody else played a souzy instead of a "recording bell" tuba for such early sessions? I agree. One time I took two souzys and a tuba to a community band rehearsal some years ago to see which one blended best. The director, of great repute (Texas all state high school bands, etc., before retiring and coming to SW MO), like your director, could not tell the difference out front between instruments and mouthpiece selections. Standing beside him when I asked were two other directors who played in the band to keep their chops up, and asked them as well, and they could not tell, either! So I picked one and went with it, as you are doing.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.