ALEXANDER Double F/CC Tuba

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
tubapix
bugler
bugler

ALEXANDER Double F/CC Tuba

Post by tubapix »

This looks interesting...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALEXANDER-F-Dou ... SwNnRYhDKe" target="_blank"
1989 Yamaha YBB 641 (4R)
1938 King 1236 Symphony Eb (4P) w/Monster Bell
1927 Buescher Eb Tuba
1940 Pan American 58C Eb Alto Horn
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: ALEXANDER Double F/CC Tuba

Post by bisontuba »

Having owned a Cerveny double CC/F tuba, they are neat, but one --either CC or F...will work good, and the other will be 'funky' at best. The double Robb Stewart made for Tommy Johnson out of a Yamaha 822 F probably works good on both ( knowing Robb's craftsman talent).....also those rotors are so big, they will not be fast ( no Carnival of Venice on this horn :D ).....
Mark
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Very interesting If I could I'd go up and play test it but my skepticism tells me otherwise, most double horns I've ever heard of usually are stuffy on one end and OK on the other. Seller seems to have a good opinion of it but I guess not good enough to keep it.
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Post by DouglasJB »

I noticed this horn, it looks interesting, I'd love to give it a try sometime
Tabor
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tabor »

I am pretty sure I know this seller and have heard this horn by itself in a room before, (because just how many Alexander double tubas can be floating around Boston) and I might have tried to play it (but wouldn't and didn't know north from my elbow on a CC/F double tuba and it was a few years ago.

I remember that it sounded good when he played it, as did everything else in the room.