Pinko Commy eBay PayPal pirating scum suckers

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Kevin Hendrick
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Kevin Hendrick »

Mark wrote:One more thing...
WoodSheddin wrote:Pinko Commy eBay PayPal pirating scum suckers
Isn't commy spelled commie?

My personal preference for an economic epithet is commie fascit pig. It's more encompassing and less discriminatory.
... come to that, isn't fascit spelled fascist? :wink:
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -- Pogo (via Walt Kelly)
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Joe Baker »

Kevin Hendrick wrote:... come to that, isn't fascit spelled fascist? :wink:
no, no... this is one of those combo-words like "spork" for "spoon/fork" or "liger" for the offspring of a lion and a tiger. Pronounce it without that second 's', and it's a short version of "Fascist S*it".
Kevin Hendrick
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Kevin Hendrick »

Joe Baker wrote:
no, no... this is one of those combo-words like "spork" for "spoon/fork" or "liger" for the offspring of a lion and a tiger. Pronounce it without that second 's', and it's a short version of "Fascist S*it".
Sounds right to me! :D
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -- Pogo (via Walt Kelly)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Scooby Tuba wrote:The original start of this thread, by me, was to comment on how one ounce of valve oil cost $6.84.
I thought that Sean started this thread to gripe about ebay. :wink:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Yes, it is. Unless it's stamped on a cheap Chinese tuba. Then it's the Haden Multi-Fascit Tuba and will bring you much joy.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Scooby Tuba wrote:So much for reading comprehension. Looks like Mark got left behind!
Maybe it's reading apprehension... :D
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

Scooby Tuba wrote:No fair editing, SC! 8)
No fair circumventing the few rules I ask people follow here.
sean chisham
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

Doc wrote: I guess I'm just an asshole.
You say that like it's a bad thing...
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Aw, Scoob, we don't get any of your jokes, anyway! Image
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

Scooby Tuba wrote:
WoodSheddin wrote:
Scooby Tuba wrote:No fair editing, SC! 8)
No fair circumventing the few rules I ask people follow here.
I don't think it was circumventing (making a joke about NCLB). If you are going to edit posts, I do think you should take credit for it. The joke didn't make sense w/o the reference! :P
One of my big rules for myself is not to edit other people's posts because then it is not longer their words and distorts their opinions as viewed by others.

I suppose you are correct and I should not have violated this rule even though I knew better and the rule was clear. It would add headaches and perhaps force the admin to correct the breach if he happened across it.
sean chisham
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Joe Baker »

Scooby Tuba wrote:
Joe Baker wrote:Wallymart valve oil. What effect does that have on music stores? How about the accusations that Walmart has hired illegals? Is that anti-competitive?

Joe Baker, who feels better having gotten all that out of his system.
... No one has talked about the effect on music stores, no one has commented about illegals, no one has said anything about anti-competitiveness...
I never said they did; on the contrary,
I wrote:... examples where music-related topics DO intersect with politics ... Maybe those conversations wouldn't turn to politics anyway; but it's troubling to me not to be able to go there if we want to.
I said the topics intersect, not that anyone had commented on that intersection.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, but I sure never intended to imply that the conversations DID go there; only that they reasonably COULD if it were allowed to.
"Luck" is what happens when preparation meets opportunity -- Seneca
quinterbourne
4 valves
4 valves

Post by quinterbourne »

Just about any topic has the potential to become political. Got a new horn -> valves are sticky -> get some valve oil -> try Walmart -> insert political topic (many to choose from) here.

I think Sean allows quite a lot of topics to be discussed that could very easily become political. He allows topics such as "Wallymart valve oil" that have the potential to become quite political, but he doesn't lock it until it does. I don't see where the problem is...

Other topics such as "Racism in the music world" have actually been allowed to go quite a while before being locked. Eventually things do get out of hand and the topic finds itself locked. I figure we can have "potentially political topics" as long as we don't allow ourselves to "get political."

And as Sean was saying, he doesn't have the time to, nor should he be expected to, read every single post posted in this forum. If you have a problem with the topic (or specific posts) send him a PM, or make a visit to the feedback forum, with the link to the topic and ask that it be locked.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Sorry for whatever we did to get "Polly ticks" locked; we were just trying to be Python-esque :(
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

Scooby Tuba wrote:
WoodSheddin wrote: I suppose you are correct and I should not have violated this rule even though I knew better and the rule was clear. It would add headaches and perhaps force the admin to correct the breach if he happened across it.
No problem in this regard this time. I knew you did it (and laughed when I noticed it!), you knew I would know you did it (say it 10x fast), so no harm, no foul. :)
Someone missed the sarcasm.
sean chisham
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

Well, how about rules of etiquette instead of rules about topics?

If it really is an etiquette issue and not a topics issue, it seems that the politics board could be re-instated and that policing occur upon receipt of a complaint; and that punishment would be a restriction for all posts for a cooling off period of whatever seems to work.

And, guys, you know what? You could literally go start your own membership-only politics board, invite your buddies to participate, and leave Sean in peace. Yahoo groups are free.

Personally, I don't miss it much; I am not really fond of heated discussion because it never seems to result in anyone's changing his mind about something; it seems to be more a means of getting hot under the collar, for those who have excessive heat they need to vent somehow. Wars have been started by less, I would think:

"Why, you !@##$!!!! I'll just take out my gun and teach you a lesson!!"

MA
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

MaryAnn wrote:"Why, you !@##$!!!! I'll just take out my gun and teach you a lesson!!"
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

windshieldbug wrote:
MaryAnn wrote:"Why, you !@##$!!!! I'll just take out my gun and teach you a lesson!!"
Did someone say teach??
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University
tubatooter1940
6 valves
6 valves

Post by tubatooter1940 »

I got no beef with E-Bay. That's where I scored my wonderful King dirt cheap. I'm glad to be informed of rule changes. So far I would take a flyer on E-Bay as long as it does not end my marriage.
Politics is the game that decides who gets what, where, when and maybe how. That broad a definition is hard to avoid when arguing issues near and dear to us.
I don't want to read forum members ranting at each other with slogans and propaganda. Sean has been able to keep things civil and going in a mostly positive direction. I hope he is compensated for his efforts.
I love frivolous posts and will continue them until I am banned from this forum.
Having a cathouse next door could be a mixed blessing. It would certainly be a dominant topic for conversation. I think I would prefer that to my reality of living for 34 years across from a funeral home. They were quiet neighbors and never threw wild parties but whenever somebody popular died the overflow of mourners would park in my yard.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Yes; one would definately prefer a "complimentary" service at one over the other... :shock:
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

tubatooter1940 wrote:IThey were quiet neighbors and never threw wild parties but whenever somebody popular died the overflow of mourners would park in my yard.
Sounds as if you could have used the Lincoln Park Pirates:

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs ... ates.shtml

:)