Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation why EVERY tuba does not have that top facing main slide.Anyone ever played on one of these tubas?Bell diameter?
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

MikeMason wrote:I have yet to hear a satisfactory explanation why EVERY tuba does not have that top facing main slide.Anyone ever played on one of these tubas?Bell diameter?
I haven't, either (figured why they don't do it all the time). I love my big CC horn. I think the response and sound are awesome with a Rose mouthpiece. People in the symphony seemed to like it, too. I did have to use the main a lot, but hey - I figure that's what it's up there for! :wink:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Lars Trawen
bugler
bugler
Location: Former the cold Sweden, now enjoying the sun in Portugal

Post by Lars Trawen »

Yes, during my military band session I had exactly one of these Marzan/Willson horns. Very nice and confortable little horn. Wonderful marching tuba, one could walk for miles without getting tired at all.
It had a very few intonation quirks, I especially remember high Eb in the staff, it was very sharp. The horn was too small alone for a big orchestra, now I use a huge kaisertuba, MW200, that is the only tuba in a 50+ band.
But for marching I certainly miss the Marzan/Willson horn.
Melton/Meinl Weston 200 Spezial