CC Tuba

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

CC Tuba

Post by Ace »

Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Allow me to tell you why I think this is a reasonably decent horn. I have owned and played the following tubas in East Bay area semi-pro orchestras: MW Bell model CC; the MW 6 valve F that Wes Jacobs played in the Detroit Symphony (I have Alan Baer's appraisal letter on this horn); Cerveny 601-5MR (Jay Bertolet played one in the orchestra in Miami); Mirafone 186 CC; and MW 2145 CC. Thus, I do have some basis for comparing my auction horn to some rather decent tubas. Is my Chinese horn in the same league with these better known tubas? Of course not. Is its tone quality competitive? No. Is its tone quality reasonably good. Yes. Is its finish as good? Nope. Is it a sturdy horn? Yes, indeeed. Value/price ratio? Very good.

When you so authoritatively state that my horn on auction is a "Chinese POS", I assume you have actually played this particular horn? Further, since your playing credentials and musical background that qualify you to make such bold pronouncements may not be widely known on this board, please let us know about them. Otherwise, your opinion may not have the impact you intend. BTW, do you have the opinion that all Chinese tubas are "POS's"? I hope not, for you would be out of touch with reality.
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Bloke,

My message was not intended for you. It was directed to Harold. Sorry for the confusion.

Ace
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

"... or for players who want to read bass clef and use trumpet fingerings"?

Such a person might want to look at Eb tubas first, am I wrong?
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Donn wrote:"... or for players who want to read bass clef and use trumpet fingerings"?
... or who read music right to left and from top to bottom :)