Pt9 (3100) F-tuba for sale. No Reserve!

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Chuck Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Chuck Jackson »

I am not taking anything away from your "No Reserve" Auction, But it seems to me that someone put a high bid before anyone else did to ensure it got a price you wanted, not one that is a true reflection of a "No Reserve" auction. If it were truly a "No Reserve" auction, you would have taken it from zero. I am sure it is a great instrument, but perhaps you should have put a reserve on it to better gauge interest. Good Luck.

Chuck
I drank WHAT?!!-Socrates
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

Chuck Jackson wrote:I am not taking anything away from your "No Reserve" Auction, But it seems to me that someone put a high bid before anyone else did to ensure it got a price you wanted, not one that is a true reflection of a "No Reserve" auction. If it were truly a "No Reserve" auction, you would have taken it from zero. I am sure it is a great instrument, but perhaps you should have put a reserve on it to better gauge interest. Good Luck.

Chuck
I have nothing to do with this auction, but don't understand your point. There are no bids on this. The starting bid is the minimum he is willing to sell it for, which is what a no reserve auction means. He doesn't have to give it away to claim that there is no reserve.

I do agree that by starting the bidding from a low price and putting a reserve at the minimum he is willing to take will be a better way to tell what people would be willing to pay without risking letting it go for less than he is willing to sell it for.
King 2341 (one piece)
Besson 983