Is this a King 1250-B???

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
WilliamVance
bugler
bugler

Is this a King 1250-B???

Post by WilliamVance »

I think this is a 1250-B. I haven't seen one come up in a long time. The outter branches look larger than my two Kings. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

I thought so too. The extra guard wires on the bottom don't usually come on their smaller sousaphones.
WilliamVance
bugler
bugler

Post by WilliamVance »

Lew wrote:I thought so too. The extra guard wires on the bottom don't usually come on their smaller sousaphones.
I have a "Cleveland" model that looks exactly the same(before they changed the wrap) as the regular King and it has the guards on the back. It's from the mid to late 30's. Must have been something just on clevelands long ago, or perhaps a special order. That's seems wierd to me though since it was thier student line.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

WilliamVance wrote:I have a "Cleveland" model that looks exactly the same(before they changed the wrap) as the regular King and it has the guards on the back. That seems wierd to me though since it was their student line.
Maybe BECAUSE it was their "student" line...
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
WilliamVance
bugler
bugler

Post by WilliamVance »

windshieldbug wrote:
WilliamVance wrote:I have a "Cleveland" model that looks exactly the same(before they changed the wrap) as the regular King and it has the guards on the back. That seems wierd to me though since it was their student line.
Maybe BECAUSE it was their "student" line...
Now I get it...makes sense! :D