Are there any good ebay brands?

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

I still think the original post smells like a troll, but--

If I'm willing to order a containerload (or less) of instruments, I can have any brand I request engraved on the instrument at no extra charge. So I can be selling brand new "Hotlons" or "Yorkes" or "Nirshels" as well as "Kiings" and "Coinns". When my supply of instruments runs out, I can even pick a different manufacturer.

Before you bid on an instrument, you need to ask yourself "Do I really know what I'm doing?". This guy who writes a nice sax Q&A has it about right:

http://www.cybersax.com/QA/Q&A_eBayTragedies.html
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

Bob1062 wrote:I am bloody well not a troll, for one thing I am far too tall.
But I said:
Chuck(G) wrote:I still think the original post smells like a troll, but--
To wit:
Troll: a newsgroup post that is deliberately incorrect, intended to provoke readers; or a person who makes such a post
Note that I didn't say "poster" or "post author". What you look like is between you and what you see when you're shaving. Sitting on the side of a river holding a pole attached to a line and a hook doesn't make you a fish, does it?

My point was that while today's "Selman" instrument may be acceptable, there's no guarantee that tomorrow's will be, as the seller has the option of changing suppliers without notice. Another mistake is to assume that all instruments share the same level of quality.

A case in point that involves more-or-less name brands is Amati. These guys make very nice rotary valves, but couldn't make a piston valve if you waved a plate of utopenec in front of them as enticement.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

What about the fact that they imply that a trumpet can be an beautiful instrument? :roll:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

The slides are smooth and the valves are easy.
Sounds like something out of "The Messiah":

http://www.botproductions.com/music/messiah/mess_21.mid
Mark

Post by Mark »

Chuck(G) wrote:
Sounds like something out of "The Messiah":

http://www.botproductions.com/music/messiah/mess_21.mid
Actually, it sounds like something from Porgy and Bess.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Then again, sounds like playground equipment and less-than-virtuous egress...
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Kevin Hendrick
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Kevin Hendrick »

windshieldbug wrote:What about the fact that they imply that a trumpet can be an beautiful instrument? :roll:
Surely that are an rediculous (but eximious) statement? :wink:
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -- Pogo (via Walt Kelly)
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Kevin Hendrick wrote:
windshieldbug wrote:What about the fact that they imply that a trumpet can be an beautiful instrument? :roll:
Surely that are an rediculous (but eximious) statement? :wink:
But will I receive hand carved traditional brass Chinese letter opener if I pay by debit/credit card? :wink: