CC tuba on the cheap...

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Is a Dalyan made by Cerveny? I noticed that the script used in the name on the tuba is much like the script used on a Cerveny tuba.

BTW: WWBW is having a giveaway of a Dalyan BBb 4/4 through 3/30. Enter yer name and address and yer in. If you have bought something from them, they have it any way. Much cheaper than the Lotto and ya might get a nice tuba.

The entry is on their website in the brass/tuba section.

Jeff "Free tuba?" Benedict
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: CC tuba on the cheap...

Post by Donn »

Scooby Tuba wrote: Plus we all know the seller, so it is actually what it says and it is for sale!
Don't neglect to post a question to the seller and ask about the valves. For those who don't know the routine, you need to ask something like "precisely how many seconds does each rotor hold a suction with the slide pop test?"
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

The Big Ben wrote:BTW: WWBW is having a giveaway of a Dalyan BBb 4/4 through 3/30. Enter yer name and address and yer in. If you have bought something from them, they have it any way. Much cheaper than the Lotto and ya might get a nice tuba.
Where is this entry? I don't see it on the wwbw.com tuba/sousaphone area. :?: :?: :?:
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Chuck(G) wrote:
The Big Ben wrote:BTW: WWBW is having a giveaway of a Dalyan BBb 4/4 through 3/30. Enter yer name and address and yer in. If you have bought something from them, they have it any way. Much cheaper than the Lotto and ya might get a nice tuba.
Where is this entry? I don't see it on the wwbw.com tuba/sousaphone area. :?: :?: :?:
My apologies....

It is on the front page of the website ( http://www.wwbw.com )

and directly at

http://www.wwbw.com/Contest/ContestMain.aspx?cid=438

Jeff
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Watch yourself, though, and don't go batshit on the price.

This horn is available brand new- no dents!- and with a 45 day return for $2300 at WWBW. They have some "B" grade horns at $2200.

http://www.wwbw.com/Dalyan-Apollo-4-4-R ... 9836.music

I wouldn't want to pay much more than the initial bid on this one.

So, what is a return worth to *you*? If you don't like the way it plays and bought it at WWBW, you're out shipping. If you buy it through eBay, paid $1900-2000 and don't like it, what do you do? Sell it at a loss?

(WWBW also has 12 month no interest credit. Make monthly payments and keep your money in your bank making interest for you instead of putting it out in one big lump.)

You pays yer money and ya takes yer chances...

Jeff "Rolling the dice" Benedict
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

I must apologize to MidWest Music for saying/implying they had no return policy. They do and a fairly liberal and fair one at that. One would be able to return this tuba if it turned out to be something the buyer did not want.The "roll of the dice' comment was aimed at the entire eBay experience. Some vendors are reliable while others are....

I was not aware that MidWest Music was owned by a member of TubeNet. Unlike "The Village Tinker", owned by Dan Schultz who posts, participates and sponsors, I did not know that MidWest Music was owned by bloke.

The original poster on the thread stated that the horn had a beginning bid that was half of what the discount vendors typically sell the horn for. I was pointing out that the same horn, in new condition, was on sale for, comparatively speaking, not a lot more so, if people wish to bid on the horn, don't get excited and bid too much. Would be kind of a drag to have been able to get a brand new horn for a hundred dollars more. Now, another consideration is that the eBay horn has been played and looked over by a respected player and serviceman and might just be a better horn than one untested new horn. Decisions, decisions.....
djwesp
5 valves
5 valves

Post by djwesp »

Scooby Tuba wrote:It's Mid South Music, BTW, and yes, you wouldn't be disappointed by the experience of doing business with them.

Try me.

I might have a hard time getting out there, and He's not helpful with directions. Image
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

Scooby Tuba wrote:Some horns just look right... It's a proportion thing to my eye. When I look at this horn, it looks right to me.
I agree - it is very well proportioned. The bell not too high, or too squat, although how it plays is most important.

I would be tempted to bid myself if it was not for the high shipping costs and import duty to the UK.

I am amazed there has been no bids yet - the cost is much less than a 30 year old B&H Imperial Eb in well used condition would cost in England.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

I realize this is long past, but I'm curious. I can't get to eBay any more because my employer has blocked the site, so what was this tuba?

PEM me if you can, because I'll get a message to my email and can go read it. I don't get to Tubenet very often lately either.

MA
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

WWBW Contest Page wrote:Dalyan Berlin BBb Tuba Giveaway
Winner - Anthony Hedden

Wow that is awesome. I can’t believe I won. The tuba looks awesome. Thanks for the great contest and great prize. Thank you.