Harvey E.Woolsey tuba

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Harvey E.Woolsey tuba

Post by Alex C »

This was on ebay and I thought it was interesting. The "S" leadpipe was less than attractive. Not really a double tuba as advertised but probably done years ago.

Can anyone tell me who Harvey E. Woolsey was?

Anyone ever play this tuba?

City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

Does anyone know how that 5th valve works? Do you reach over the top bow with your left hand and work the valve and the 1st slide?
Dale Hale
bugler
bugler

Harvey E. Woolsey and His Horn

Post by Dale Hale »

Harvey E. Woolsey was a VERY SUCCESSFUL owner of an engineering company in Los Angeles and an excellent (pro if he wanted to be) string bass and tuba player. He was a child prodigy. I played with him many times. He'd been rebuilding that horn for over 20 years. He probably had $20,000 in it in just resilvering. He also built special string basses and got big bucks for them. A very smart man! A real character. I really liked him and will miss his cutting humor. He passed a few months ago. That extra valve is to switch the CC horn over to Bb. His own invention.
Dale Hale