Slant Marzan C

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Mine works fine. 8)
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

On the slant rotor BBb they had at my school, the low F popped out easier than on most other BBb tubas I have ever played. If that carries over to the CC's (and I don't see any reason why not) it should be killer.
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

I am shocked they could not get more for this. 8501 for the copper, and 16xx for this - and not sold. Should go for at least 3 grand. If I had the dough (and I don't) I would love to pick it up - would be a very versatile large 4/4 (almost small 5/4) tuba. To me, the rotory Marzans have a certain magic to the sound (read color, overtone series, etc) that few other horns, including their piston brethern, have.
Adjunct Instructor, Trevecca Nazarene University
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

On mine, their straight ahead. The 4th valve is also set up so you can vary the 4th interval if you want.

The upwards tuning slide helps you can tune ANY any note on the fly, in you do find one off (and I only have a couple).

And as Marty notes, I've alway been crazy about the tone-color. Very cool horn.

The one up for auction had been modified to mechanical linkage from string, a change I also made, because tuba rotors are way heavier than those wimpy horn rotors... :shock: :D
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?