Rudy Meinl F Tuba

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
gregsundt
Undecided
Undecided

Rudy 5v F

Post by gregsundt »

Well, first, I doubt that this is a "copy" of a B&S, or anything else. Rudy generally is not one to copy anything (at least not very well, nor for very long). This is a very typical Rudy-wrapped 5v tuba. The ones that I played in the Tuba House back when the earth was green blew very tight, with a beautiful sound. Darker than a standard PT model, probably not as dark as a red brass Alex. I would say that this is probably a good bit better than advertised. Not a student/intermediate horn by any means, but not a world-beater, either. Expect the normal issues with low C. If bidding stays where it is, I will swoop and scoop on Saturday. I don't expect that to happen.
"The only problem with that tuba is, it does everything you tell it to!" - Robert LeBlanc
gregsundt
Undecided
Undecided

Post by gregsundt »

Super Smooth wrote:The CC's have issues, but can be played in tune. Some are better than others!
Same story. Low register, in particular, can tend to be funky, but the longer you play, the better you will like it!
"The only problem with that tuba is, it does everything you tell it to!" - Robert LeBlanc
quinterbourne
4 valves
4 valves

Post by quinterbourne »

Purchased by someone discussed in another recent thread...

viewtopic.php?t=21462

Sniped in the last 5 seconds.
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

Eskimo $#@!&* is Mighty cold! It's still probably worth close to this.
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
Matt Ransom
pro musician
pro musician

Rudy F

Post by Matt Ransom »

You got it. Someone hit the buy it now for $3800. That is a tidy profit for a 10 day turnaround.
djwesp
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Rudy F

Post by djwesp »

Matt Ransom wrote:You got it. Someone hit the buy it now for $3800. That is a tidy profit for a 10 day turnaround.

Should be fine as long as they don't ship it Greyhound, huh Matt? :shock:
MikeMason
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MikeMason »

Of all the shipping complaint posts over the years, I don't remember a negative one about greyhound.What's the story?
Pensacola Symphony
Troy University-adjunct tuba instructor
Yamaha yfb621 with 16’’ bell,with blokepiece symphony
Eastman 6/4 with blokepiece symphony/profundo
djwesp
5 valves
5 valves

Post by djwesp »

MikeMason wrote:Of all the shipping complaint posts over the years, I don't remember a negative one about greyhound.What's the story?
Horrific. I'd imagine a fellow tubenetter would be able to tell the story a lot better than myself. I was only terrified, halfway across the country during the whole situation. Greyhound, made my life a living hell for over a month--- and probably wasn't too pleasant for this poster as well.

Let's just say, he's an extremely patient, levelheaded person. My only advice, don't ship anything via Greyhound. Ever.
Last edited by djwesp on Wed May 30, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Ransom
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Matt Ransom »

Bloke,

No, it wasn't me. David Mills in Charlotte had an old Kruspe BBb for sale some time ago. His was a great old horn. The perfect Wagner Contrabass. If you need his contact info, shoot me a PM or email.

Wes,

Yeah, we know how tight security is in some local Greyhound terminals :oops:

Matt
Aco
bugler
bugler

Post by Aco »

djwesp wrote:
MikeMason wrote:Of all the shipping complaint posts over the years, I don't remember a negative one about greyhound.What's the story?
Horrific. I'd imagine a fellow tubenetter would be able to tell the story a lot better than myself. I was only terrified, halfway across the country during the whole situation. Greyhound, made my life a living hell for over a month--- and probably wasn't too pleasant for this poster as well.

Let's just say, he's an extremely patient, levelheaded person. My only advice, don't ship anything via Greyhound. Ever.

I am personally boycotting Greyhound. It's just a nightmare, they don't care at all. I've got the dents to prove it.