It's Baaaaaaaaaack

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

It's Baaaaaaaaaack

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Marzan BBb
John Packer JP-274 euphonium
King 607F
Posting and You
josh_kaprun
bugler
bugler

Post by josh_kaprun »

While I think that no one could disagree that there is something fishy about this whole thing...I must say that I really do wonder how that horn plays.
U.S. Army Bands

Cerveny 1024 6/4 BBb
Yamaha YEB-321S Eb
ME-1, GW Taku & Diablo Mouthpieces
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I've reported this listing to Ebay three times in as many days and the auction is still running! I guess Ebay just doesn't give a hoot.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

euphoniumguy227 wrote:One of a kind till they bilt more :lol:
They may have built more, but just how many did Fred Marzan own?
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
SplatterTone
5 valves
5 valves

Post by SplatterTone »

how many did Fred Marzan own?
Wrong Fred. This one was owned by Fred Mertz. It is well documented how much Fred wanted to play in Ricky Riccardo's band.
Good signature lines: http://tinyurl.com/a47spm
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

Normally, someone reports these to ebay. I don't know how to. Is anyone going to?
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
lgb&dtuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by lgb&dtuba »

Tubaryan12 wrote:Normally, someone reports these to ebay. I don't know how to. Is anyone going to?
TubaTinker already did. See post 5 in this thread.
DonShirer
4 valves
4 valves

Post by DonShirer »

I reported it, and Dan says he did also. It is still there. Incredible, eh?
Don Shirer
Westbrook, CT
Tubaryan12
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Tubaryan12 »

DonShirer wrote:I reported it, and Dan says he did also. It is still there. Incredible, eh?
Sorry guys. I missed your posts. :oops:
Incredible? Yes.
Marzan BBb
King 607F
Posting and You
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I just received an email from Kit Johnson confirming that he has no intention of selling the copper Sander. I don't know why Ebay allows this kind of stuff to go on even after they've been told the auction is bogus. Someone's going to get screwed. Hope it's not one of you guys.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Conn 2J CC
bugler
bugler

Post by Conn 2J CC »

I also reported this auction to eBay last night, telling them there were only 17 hours left. When I saw it was still going this morning, I tryed to find a phone number to call eBay, with no luck. So, I tryed calling PayPal, but I couldn't get through to a human being before I had to go to work. I got home about an hour ago and noticed the auction had ended with a winning bid of $2,425 from "billbellus". As a last ditch effort, I just sent him (or her) a message through eBay telling him not to pay for the horn because it was a bogus auction. I mentioned that Kit Johnson is not selling the horn (thanks, Dan). I also referred him to this thread in hopes that the info here will offer further persuasion.

I've never done something like this through eBay before, which makes me a little nervous. But, like so many of you, I'm fed up with seeing this horn being repeatedly used for bogus auctions by crooks. God knows, my motive for contacting billbellus was just a sense of duty to try to stop someone who may not know any better from giving away $2,425.

On the other hand, maybe billbellus is a law enforcement official trying to set up a sting and nail the seller. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
Dave
Low Brass musician and Bass Guitarist
Rob
bugler
bugler

Hmmm....ebay doesn't care?

Post by Rob »

I also tried to send a message via ebay to this buyer, only to find that ebay won't let you. I'd also sent them a couple of notices that this horn isn't what it seems, including one prefaced with the 'stolen property' heading. Plain and simple, they don't care. As for this Billbellus......good luck to him!