EBAY SCAM?

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

Yes, this is a common scam. The messages usually come from overseas. I even had one person offer to sell me a brand new item just like the one that was being offered. What was the original item? A double bell euphonium!

I always report these messages to ebay security. They have found that in a number of cases ebay member's IDs had been hijacked.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Several months ago I received a call from a fellow who claimed he received a '2nd chance' offer from ME. I traced the perpentrator to Romania! This clown even copied the pictures of my horns from Ebay. It's very easy to access the bidder information and send them bogus messages. Don't EVER send money to ANYONE until you know who you are dealing with.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Leland
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Leland »

eBay is scam city.

My tuba was discovered there by a TubeNet reader when the pawn shop put it up about a month after it was stolen.

There's a Japanese-spec Honda Civic engine there right now with a $1000 reserve, which seems great because this particular motor goes for about $5000.

There are tons of genuine sellers & bidders, but the bad ones make me VERY wary.