This surely better play your horn by itself!

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Daniel C. Oberloh
pro musician
pro musician

Re: This surely better play your horn by itself!

Post by Daniel C. Oberloh »

windshieldbug wrote:Helleberg Mouthpiece, Original restored by Oberloh

Starting bid: US $400.00
Reserve not met
Wow, cool! I wonder which one this is? I have done a fair number of these over the years and there were some real nice ones that I can recall. hmm....
windshieldbug wrote:Seeing Dan's work, it is superlative, but "reserve not met"? :shock:
Hey Bug, thanks for the nice words. As for the price? I have seen pretty beat to hell(-berg) mouthpieces that the owners paid a considerable sum for and then had shipped to me for restoration. So, if it sells, fine. If not, so what :roll:

If it is one of the real nice ones I have restored, it is as close to original as one could find and the fact that the seller did not claim it as an original in pristine condition shows a bit of integrity, thats nice to see. My personal 1925 helleberg is in original condition and it was frosted silver when new, I have seen a few that were frosted gold that were also original. My restored mouthpieces are masked and bead-blasted following the same pattern.

TE- what's with the bad vibes man? If the seller wants to have a little fun (I suspect?) dangling a carrot what's the harm. Do you not have one already? or are you on the lookout for one in the price range you want to spend and the big numbers have the ol panties in buch? :P or is this just one of those things that gets you in a pissy mood? :wink: :lol: I'm sorry, just poking a little fun. I very much like these old mouthpieces, they are not anything like the new Conns made so many years after the originals. They are older then all of us, cool looking, they are what everyone and there mother has copied. This is the piece that a lot of the legendary players back in the day used and playing on them is in sort of like driving a really old classic automobile. Its a way to connect with the past and if it provides a buyer with what ever it provides, I think its great. Its there money and if they are loaded and want one of these rare beauties, I say bid like you mean it. Copies are fine but originals have history and to me thats falls into the cool factor. 8)

I hope the seller gets a good price for it. Ether way, it makes no difference. :D

Daniel C. Oberloh
Oberloh Woodwind and Brass Works
www.oberloh.com
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

the elephant wrote:
windshieldbug wrote:
the elephant wrote:First $750 takes it
Mine is only $700. :shock:
Obviously yours is an inferior example. Mine is restored
But mine was once in the same room with Walter! :shock: :D
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
SplatterTone
5 valves
5 valves

Post by SplatterTone »

But mine was once in the same room with Walter!
But Walter Carlos is now Wendy Carlos. So it needs to go back into the same room with Wendy for it to count.
Good signature lines: http://tinyurl.com/a47spm
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Post by k001k47 »

I'm selling my gold plated TU-23 for $100,000.
Serious offers only please.
greatk82
3 valves
3 valves

Post by greatk82 »

k001k47 wrote:I'm selling my gold plated TU-23 for $100,000.
I will trade you my platinum plated C4 with a diamond back bore.
Tubaing
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Tubaing »

k001k47 wrote:I'm selling my gold plated TU-23 for $100,000.
how much is this item?
I hereby order for your item, i will pay you with extra $10 for you to stop the ad in.
I will also make the payment through postal money order or cashier check,my shipping agent will come and picked up the item from you home.give me the total amount for the item and give me address for payment you can email back on this id
Kevin Specht
Keep on Tubaing
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

Greg wrote: Wade, your mean.
His mean what?
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
The Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Post by The Jackson »

Through my connections (the world is a big place), I got my main mouthpiece made out of uranium-236.

Of course, it's a 24AW :D
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

Greg wrote:
Scooby Tuba wrote:
TubaRay wrote: His mean what?

where Wade=X
This is exactly what I was getting at. Except I would like it louder at n.
Yes, but the violas at x were late!
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

bloke wrote:I don't feel like posting a food picture here...How 'bout midgets?
Gasp! I'm so embarrassed. You called them midgets. Don't you know that there are no midget, anymore. They would have to be called vertically challenged human beings. How could you be so insensitive?
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.
windshieldbug

Post by windshieldbug »

TubaRay wrote:They would have to be called vertically challenged human beings. How could you be so insensitive?
You forget that it was posted by a BEP (bloke Enhanced Personage) :shock:
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

windshieldbug wrote:
TubaRay wrote:They would have to be called vertically challenged human beings. How could you be so insensitive?
You forget that it was posted by a BEP (bloke Enhanced Personage) :shock:
OK. OK.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.