Miraphone on ebay.. repair?

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
dopey
3 valves
3 valves

Miraphone on ebay.. repair?

Post by dopey »

there is one horrid lookin tuba on ebay, from texas.

its sitting very very cheap, how much would one expect to pay to get that back to a good playing condition? says valves and slides work fine..

The cosmetics are not THAT important, however if some1 could give a guess on how much i'd expect to pay to get that thing good to play in general.. i'd appreciate.
Doug@GT
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Doug@GT »

Wayne, I can see $25, and maybe even $40, but at $110, what were you thinking? :wink:

Doug "who would pay at most $30 for that thing and use it as a wall decoration"
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged."
~G.K. Chesterton
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

eBay ain't what it used to be, that's fer sure.

A little hint to you horn-lookers: Most major newspapers post their classified advertisements online. Scour these and you'll probably find a real gem for a good price, like this Miraphone 183 that I picked up a couple of weeks ago:

It's a bunch of work and you actually have to pick up the phone and talk to people and maybe haggle with them....aw, never mind--eBay's so convenient and you get the adrenalin rush of an auction, right? :)

BTW, anyone looking for a nice 183? The case is in the same shape as the horn...
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

Chuck(G) wrote:eBay ain't what it used to be, that's fer sure.

A little hint to you horn-lookers: Most major newspapers post their classified advertisements online. Scour these and you'll probably find a real gem for a good price, like this Miraphone 183 that I picked up a couple of weeks ago: (picture removed)

BTW, anyone looking for a nice 183? The case is in the same shape as the horn...
Well, sure, if you unstuff the low register and give it to me cheap. Still trying to find some old geezer with a cherry Eb Besson who will fall over backwards to give it to a tuba-playing chick with long blonde hair, just because she has a nice smile. :lol:
MA
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

MaryAnn wrote: Well, sure, if you unstuff the low register and give it to me cheap. Still trying to find some old geezer with a cherry Eb Besson who will fall over backwards to give it to a tuba-playing chick with long blonde hair, just because she has a nice smile. :lol:
MA
It wasn't that bad--I started playing the horn, hit the 4th valve and said "what the hey?" (well, actually not "hey" :) ) and then said "Oh, it's basically a rotary F in Eb clothing".

Everything was fine then.

I'll keep an eye out for a good deal in an Eb for you, MA. Who could say no a bunch of long blond hair and a nice smile? You don't shed a lot do you? :lol:

TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

Valid point, Bloke.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.