Old Conn bell front

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

Wow, that one went quickly. It's interested how some people are willing to put a low "buy-it-now" price on something about which they obviously don't know the true value. It seems that some people are willing to make a minimal markup rather than trying to sell for the most they can get. Still, when you add another $400-$500 for a valve job, and another few hundred for the basic work to get it playable, the total cost is approaching the market value for a BBb recording bell BAT.
Gongadin
3 valves
3 valves

BBb Conn BAT

Post by Gongadin »

There is a link on the auction page that offers additional pictures.
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Matt G »

I'd say that 450 bucks ain't bad for a 36J.

Even at $3000k for a complete overhaul and possibly another $1000 or so to get a upright bell in good shape, the buyer is around the price of a new King BBb. To get a tuba this size new would cost $$$$$, like the Wilson BBb.even for a $1000 investment to make it playable it is still a good deal. 36J's are rare. IMO, they play pretty well, too.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
van
bugler
bugler

Post by van »

I'm the one who bought it. I'm only a recreational player, retired with some time and a few extra bucks on hand, so I figured it wasn't too much of a risk at that price if it plays at all. It won't be my main tuba (MW18). As mentioned by another poster, there are pictures on the auction site but I can take more when I get the horn (maybe a week from now?) if there is an interest.