3/4 Rudy CC

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

3/4 Rudy CC

Post by MaryAnn »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 51018&rd=1

anybody familiar with this instrument? how old it is? what it would be worth?

MA
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Matt G »

Thos can be really good tubas. The problem note seems to be top space G.

Mike Roylance (I think) may still have his. They are quite gutsy and have a lot of presence for the size. The size of the horn itself is just a touch smaller than a Mirafone 186CC. IIRC, the size is almost identical to a MW2145 except for rotors as opposed to pistons.

Reasonable price would be circa $4k or more. The price of these things new is somewhere around $7K+. The seller does give an accurate amount of what he/she should have paid in 2000 for this instrument.

[edit] I just noticed that the person bought this used for $6200. Now that might be a bit too much, but who knows. The horns sell for a ton of cash new and this particular horn looks to have a pedigree. [/edit]

I'm guessing that the eBay person is acting as a broker, but gives a very good description of the horn and the pics are good enough to see detail.

I would think that any reputable CC tuba hailing from Germany in good shape nowadays that is relatively new and not abused should fetch nearly $4K.

If you can contact the seller and find an exact location of the horn, you could probably find someone through this board to go give it a play test for you. There are a lot of good tuba players living in the area triangulated by the areas given in the description. This way you could get some more info on the horn if needed and the seller could leverage the positive results from the play test to help market the horn better.
Last edited by Matt G on Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

So, is Medusa a more representative avatar than Debra Harry? :)
MaryAnn

Post by MaryAnn »

Lew wrote:So, is Medusa a more representative avatar than Debra Harry? :)
Is that who that is a picture of, Debra Harry? Avatar was changed due to repeated unwarrented testosterone reactions...

But I still bet I look more like Debra Harry will at 55 (assuming she does nto gain weight) than I look like Medusa.
:lol:
MA, who has gotten a kick out of this avatar thing.
cjk
5 valves
5 valves

Post by cjk »

how old it is?
If it has a serial number, it was probably imported by Custom Music and the serial number was added after it got here. Somebody at Custom might be able to clue you in on the age. Rudolf Meinl does not put serial numbers on their horns, IIRC.

what it would be worth?
Here's the last 3/4 Rudi CC on ebay (where the reserve wasn't met):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

At least this other listing spelled Rudolf correctly.

Christian, who suspects that neither Rudi Jr nor Sr has a very shiny nose