HAYDN

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Lew
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Lew »

I have seen Haydn trumpets in person, and have seen some of these tubas on ebay in the past. They are Chinese made instruments that are not yet up to the level of quality that I would want in an instrument.
phoenix
3 valves
3 valves

Post by phoenix »

My friend's mother bought him a Haydn french horn for christmas one year. It was one of the most amazing sounding instruments I had ever heard. All of a sudden, about two weeks after playing it nonstop, the thing just stopped playing, like there was something in the tubing. He had it flush a whole bunch of times and it was check for clogs, nothing. It just didn't play any more. Piece of garbage.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

schlepporello wrote:Hmmmmm.......
Possible broken valve guide maybe?
Allowing the valve to rotate when it shouldn't
Valve guides on a French horn??
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Chuck(G) »

That's weird--the guy quotes $375 for shipping to Europe. Maybe he's never heard of Seattle? (Must be somewhere just north of Andorra).

I'm not passing judgement on this brand, but there was a guy on eBay who says he took Chinese-made double horns and tore them down and reworked them. Claimed that it improved the playability to a level roughly comparable with a pro-line Conn or Holton.