Reynolds Contempora in Cincinnati

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Minkrott
bugler
bugler

Reynolds Contempora in Cincinnati

Post by Minkrott »

Saw this on Craigslist...

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/msg/4377588293.html" target="_blank
King 2341 New Style
King 2341 Recording Bell
GRBIC 1907 Eb
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Reynolds Contempora in Cincinnati

Post by bisontuba »

There was a 4 valve King just like this in very nice shape that went super fast last night on ebay for a BIN price of $500......
Mark
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tubajug »

jonesmj wrote:There was a 4 valve King just like this in very nice shape that went super fast last night on ebay for a BIN price of $500......
Mark
I searched the completed listings and didn't see it. Perhaps it hasn't been updated yet? I was just curious to see it.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

jonesmj wrote:FYI-mark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Concert-Tu ... true&rt=nc" target="_blank" target="_blank
It's very interesting that this was a 'quick sale' deal and the seller has ZERO feedback. I hope the pawn shop guy in Sarasota didn't buy it! :)
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Untersatz
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Untersatz »

Come on guys.........don't you know a good scam when you see one??? :shock:
eBay seller wrote:"I have recently purchased a new tuba so we no longer have a need for this reliable horn"
Anybody who has purchased a tuba recently, knows the value of a good condition used horn.
An eBay seller with "0" feedback score selling an excellent condition King tuba for $500........right :roll:
King 2341 (New Style)
B&S PT-600 (GR55) BBb
Blokepiece "Symphony"
TheHatTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TheHatTuba »

Yes, zero feedback is a bit unsettling, but investigate first before turning on the auto-scam mode. Everyone has to start somewhere on Ebay, and making/trying-to-make tons of money off of something they don't use is not everyone's mission. There are some deals (and yes, scams) to be had, zero feedback/Bulgaria/bad pictures/etc. included...
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

TheHatTuba wrote:Yes, zero feedback is a bit unsettling, but investigate first before turning on the auto-scam mode. Everyone has to start somewhere on Ebay, and making/trying-to-make tons of money off of something they don't use is not everyone's mission. There are some deals (and yes, scams) to be had, zero feedback/Bulgaria/bad pictures/etc. included...
True. However.... when I see a listing like that the first thing that comes to mind is there is a horn missing from a bandroom. Although these particular horns are exactly the choice of middle and high school band directors these day... I sure there are lots of them sitting in the 'back rooms' that could be 'snitched' by band kids and offered as a quick sale under a new identity. Although the auction is legit... the seller may not be.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Untersatz
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Untersatz »

I wasn't saying that everyone selling a tuba on eBay with a "0" feedback score is a scammer. We all have to start somewhere. It was more the $500 selling price from someone who just purchased a new horn that made me suspect. So this guy obviously knew the value of that excellent condition King. If I had just purchased a new tuba, I would want to sell that King for as much as I could get for it to help cover the cost of the new horn. That King tuba was easily in the $2,000 range & at the very least a steal at $1,000. All these aspects appear to be very questionable, but it's possible that it was a legit listing, but very unlikely. :shock:
King 2341 (New Style)
B&S PT-600 (GR55) BBb
Blokepiece "Symphony"
tofu
5 valves
5 valves

Post by tofu »

TubaMusikMann wrote:I wasn't saying that everyone selling a tuba on eBay with a "0" feedback score is a scammer. We all have to start somewhere. It was more the $500 selling price from someone who just purchased a new horn that made me suspect. So this guy obviously knew the value of that excellent condition King. If I had just purchased a new tuba, I would want to sell that King for as much as I could get for it to help cover the cost of the new horn. That King tuba was easily in the $2,000 range & at the very least a steal at $1,000. All these aspects appear to be very questionable, but it's possible that it was a legit listing, but very unlikely. :shock:
Not only that but look how the cases are numbered. Looks exactly like a school would do. The way the ad is worded that they want a fast sale gives the feeling of getting it done before they get caught. While it's possibly legit it sure gives a queasy feeling that something is amiss. Hard to tell for sure from the poor quality of the photos but it looks like both horn and cases are in good shape.