EEE-flat on ebay

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Sam Gnagey
4 valves
4 valves

EEE-flat on ebay

Post by Sam Gnagey »

Looks like a Sander to me.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: EEE-flat on ebay

Post by Dan Schultz »

Here's the TubeNet discussion about this horn:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60496
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

That was fast
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

58mark wrote:I think we all went so nuts about what a cool and rare horn it was, he decided to see if he could make a nice flip profit on it.

can't say I blame him, I'm interested to see what it goes for.
You make it sound like such a bad thing! :) Good for him to make some money off of it (though we don't know how much he has in it anyway). All along, it seemed impractical, not-so-nimble, and admittedly, not what he originally thought it was. I think he'll heavily rely on the "or best offer" part of that listing though! :)

I'd guess one of the tuba "collectors" (whatever that's all about) will buy it and it will once again end up sitting in a room somewhere, unplayed. Maybe that's for the best?
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

Cut it to FFF!
:mrgreen:
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

bort wrote:
58mark wrote:I think we all went so nuts about what a cool and rare horn it was, he decided to see if he could make a nice flip profit on it.

can't say I blame him, I'm interested to see what it goes for.
You make it sound like such a bad thing! :) Good for him to make some money off of it (though we don't know how much he has in it anyway). All along, it seemed impractical, not-so-nimble, and admittedly, not what he originally thought it was. I think he'll heavily rely on the "or best offer" part of that listing though! :)

I'd guess one of the tuba "collectors" (whatever that's all about) will buy it and it will once again end up sitting in a room somewhere, unplayed. Maybe that's for the best?
Bort ya busted me correctly on all counts. Even before I discovered what key it was in I knew that it had to be a fairly rare bird, was thinking at least as uncommon as the J. Löw tuba I acquired from Dan last year. I like unusual stuff but it is decidedly not the ultimate Blues/Dixieland horn so I am entertaining the possibility of moving on to slightly more practical odd hardware.

IMO it belongs in a proper collection but the only way I could think of to establish a realistic value was to put it up in front of the world and let the "Best Offer" option inform us.

If it doesn't bring what I think it should I'm perfectly happy to gawk at it, honk on it and generally be entertained by those fat branches and other oddities.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

MartyNeilan wrote:Cut it to FFF!
:mrgreen:
:tuba:

Given who started this thread I was wondering what kind of a monster BBb could be made from the huge bugle (not that I would actually do that).
Life is Good.
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

KiltieTuba wrote:If I had any idea how it played, I attempt to trade a sousaphone for it.
While it would take a pretty special sousa to pique my interest (do you have an original helicon?), if you are interested I could meet you in Too-lee-doo for you to test it.
Life is Good.
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

KiltieTuba wrote:If I had any idea how it played, I attempt to trade a sousaphone for it.
If you want to simulate it, just take a BBb and hold the 4th valve down... :shock:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?