350$ yamaha 104

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Jose the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

350$ yamaha 104

Post by Jose the tuba player »

WTB OLDS SOUSAPHONE WITH 20 INCH BELL
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: 350$ yamaha 104

Post by Michael Bush »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going tomorrow.
Jose the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

talleyrand wrote:Thanks for the heads up. I'm going tomorrow.
Welcome, hope its worth picking up.
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

Jose the tuba player wrote: Welcome, hope its worth picking up.
Whether it is or not we will see. At any rate I did pick it up, though not for the asking price. The Craigslist picture is strategically set up. It is obviously an ex-school horn, from a school that couldn't afford (or chose not) to maintain it. We deducted some of a tech's shop time from the asking price, because some of its issues are going to outrun my few little repair skills and tools.

One way or another I'll get it to where it's at least somewhat better and hopefully get it into the hands of a kid who can learn on it, or a school that can send it home as a practice horn.
Jose the tuba player
3 valves
3 valves

talleyrand wrote:
Jose the tuba player wrote: Welcome, hope its worth picking up.
Whether it is or not we will see. At any rate I did pick it up, though not for the asking price. The Craigslist picture is strategically set up. It is obviously an ex-school horn, from a school that couldn't afford (or chose not) to maintain it. We deducted some of a tech's shop time from the asking price, because some of its issues are going to outrun my few little repair skills and tools.

One way or another I'll get it to where it's at least somewhat better and hopefully get it into the hands of a kid who can learn on it, or a school that can send it home as a practice horn.
Similar story with my Yamaha 103 i paid 335 dollars for it even though the buyer wanted 500 but it needed to have the leadpipe re-soldered to the body ,some braces replaced, and alot of dent work, Its now on loan( for free) to the local middle school where a baritone player has decided to become a tuba player and actually has passion and dedication and is progressing well, the greatest part is they get to use it and teach the next generation and the director there is strict so if theres any damage the student will pay for the repair or he will pay out of pocket.