PayPal help

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Re: PayPal help

Post by WoodSheddin »

euphster wrote:Has anyone here sold a horn and collected credit card payment through PayPal? I have a buyer for a euphonium who wants to do this, but is having trouble. My PayPal account is a "Premier" account which I think can accept credit cards, but I have never done it. I have also never used a card to purchase through this service. Any advice or instruction would be greatly appreciated. The buyer and I are not real familiar with the workings and are not much help to each other. I don't want the sell to go south because they can't figure out the payment.
Make sure you have some really good contact info for the buyer if you do not know them personally. A friend of my wife's sold a laptop on eBay. Buyer used a credit card through PayPal. Buy picked up the laptop at this person's house. Next day PayPal pulls the funds because the credit card was stolen.

PayPal is not a bank and does not offer the same protections a bank would.
sean chisham
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

I have never had a problem with a regular bank transfer type of PayPal payment. However, there is some danger accepting a PayPal credit card payment. don't release the merchandise until you know exactly who you are dealing with.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.