Nice lookin' horn

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Tubajug
5 valves
5 valves

Nice lookin' horn

Post by Tubajug »

Here's a nice lookin' older horn. I assume it's a Conn, since the description calls it a "Naked Lady" tuba.
Jordan
King 2341 with a Holton "Monster" Eb bell
Eb Frankentuba
Martin Medium Eb Helicon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving's probably not for you.
Walter Webb
3 valves
3 valves
Location: Somewhere in the boondocks between Sacramento and Reno

Re: Nice lookin' horn

Post by Walter Webb »

I am in the process of buying this Conn. I cannot identify the model #. It belonged to the sellers' dad, who played it in the Navy Band in the late 40's. This horn would have been made at the end of musical instrument production, leading up to WW2, when the factory switched over to war materiel.

It's a Navy horn. Ser #341,xxx ('41-'42), 20 inch fixed bell, .750 bore, and traditional long pistons. I raked thru the internet for a photo or other info, but cannot find anything. There must have been factory variations related to the leadpipe and tuning slide placement, bell size and attachment, and short action valves. Every horn in this league, in that time period, has the tuning slide before the valves, short action valves and removable bells.

Anybody have a clue what model it is?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saxophyte
bugler
bugler

Re: Nice lookin' horn

Post by saxophyte »

Its one of the 3xj series 35j 37j