Language Barrier

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Randy Beschorner
bugler
bugler

Language Barrier

Post by Randy Beschorner »

Randy Beschorner

"Sin boldy and trust in God"
-Martin Luther
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Language Barrier

Post by Chuck(G) »

Buy it for a pound and pay 128 for shipping?

Ah, but it's a China antique music tool....
dtemp
3 valves
3 valves

Post by dtemp »

1. Moneygram
2. Money order/cashier check
3. West union money transfer
4. Bank Wire transfer you could use this way to payment (If you choose Bank Wire transfer)
5. Bidpay.com
6. Cash(by airmail)
Now that's just stupid. Yet funny.
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Joe Baker »

I don't think anyone's doing anything but observing how silly the idioms of one culture sound when literally translated. People in other countries probably do the same thing when looking at translations of English into their languages. But you want two Chinese sentences? Okay:

如果我å
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Joe Baker »

Could you explain what anything said here denies someone "social justice"? To whom, precisely, was it denied?

When answering that question, consider this story and tell me if I was denied social justice:
When I was a teenager, I was learning sign language. A very nice deaf gentleman at our church was teaching the class. One day I was telling him that I brought a friend "with" me -- but I did the "with" sign... not quite right. I inadvertently used a crude sign language word for "had intercourse" (no, not the one-fingered version...I knew THAT one...). The deaf gentleman's eyes opened wide and his jaw dropped... then he figured out what I meant and laughed so hard he couldn't breathe. Once he got his composure back, he explained to me what I had accidentally said. So tell me: social injustice, or funny faux pas?