I believe I may be seeing...

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: I believe I may be seeing...

Post by Dan Schultz »

Dang! What's the valve layout on that thing?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Bowerybum
bugler
bugler

Post by Bowerybum »

Last edited by Bowerybum on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the legend becomes fact, print
the legend."
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

Stryk wrote:The second valve is longer than the first? Old system?

Yes.

http://www.historicbrass.org/Portals/0/ ... yKlaus.pdf
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Tom Coffey
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Tom Coffey »

That is a very informative article--thanks for posting it. I have a tuba with the fourth valve set to equal two plus three instead of one plus three. It does not present any problem, because when I play that horn, I seem to remember automatically. It would be interesting to see how long it would take to get used to reversed one and two.

I had the same reaction as Joe to all of that coiled cylidrical tubing--probably converted from CC. If I bought this, I would be tempted to cut that part, possibly setting up two interchangeable slides, one for each key.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Tom Coffey wrote:That is a very informative article--thanks for posting it. I have a tuba with the fourth valve set to equal two plus three instead of one plus three. It does not present any problem, because when I play that horn, I seem to remember automatically. It would be interesting to see how long it would take to get used to reversed one and two.
+1

I enjoyed it, too. There is a map in the article which shows how many of these 1/2 tone first valve instruments were built in each city in Germany. There were a lot of builders way back when. Wonder how many of these instruments ended up in wartime metal drives?
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

The Big Ben wrote:
Tom Coffey wrote:That is a very informative article--thanks for posting it. I have a tuba with the fourth valve set to equal two plus three instead of one plus three. It does not present any problem, because when I play that horn, I seem to remember automatically. It would be interesting to see how long it would take to get used to reversed one and two.
+1

I enjoyed it, too. There is a map in the article which shows how many of these 1/2 tone first valve instruments were built in each city in Germany. There were a lot of builders way back when. Wonder how many of these instruments ended up in wartime metal drives?
I own many pre-WWI instruments and marvel at them for that very reason (the fact that they survive).
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
Tom Coffey
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Tom Coffey »

I think that horn is just about certainly Cerveny, based on the wrap, the thumb ring, and the "Graslitz" inscription.