Conn recording bell - ShopGoodwill.com

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
TubaHooah
lurker
lurker

Conn recording bell - ShopGoodwill.com

Post by TubaHooah »

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/PI ... 07977.html" target="_blank

Not sure if everyone is aware of this site. This one is local pick-up only in Florida :( Too far from Oahu for me.
Will K.

B&S PT-6 CC
Miraphone 1281 Petruschka
Cerveny ACB-681 CC
B&S PT605 (Army horn)
Yamaha YSH-411 (Army horn)
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Conn recording bell - ShopGoodwill.com

Post by edsel585960 »

It needs some work but is salvagable. Worst part would be finding the 2nd valve. Can't quite make out the serial number but it has some age on it because it has the bell with the 3 brass strips on the stack.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

Post by arpthark »

Based on one of the photos it looks like there is a metal sleeve in the hole where the second valve stem would be. Could this mean that the second valve is in there but stuck in the depressed position and missing the finger button, or is that sleeve always there?
tubazach07

Post by tubazach07 »

arpthark wrote:Based on one of the photos it looks like there is a metal sleeve in the hole where the second valve stem would be. Could this mean that the second valve is in there but stuck in the depressed position and missing the finger button, or is that sleeve always there?
I agree with you. I defintly think there is a valve in there. The people of Good will probably don't know anything about tubas so it wouldn't surprise me if there is a valve in the casing.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

tubazach07 wrote:
arpthark wrote:Based on one of the photos it looks like there is a metal sleeve in the hole where the second valve stem would be. Could this mean that the second valve is in there but stuck in the depressed position and missing the finger button, or is that sleeve always there?
I agree with you. I defintly think there is a valve in there. The people of Good will probably don't know anything about tubas so it wouldn't surprise me if there is a valve in the casing.
I wondered about that myself. Glad to know someone else thinks there might be a valve there too. :) Might have to throw in a bid.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

Anyone on here get it? :)
Conn 20-21 J