D.D.'s 28K...

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Joe Baker »

Slow night?

Say it ain't so, Joe! :cry:
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Liberty Mo »

Does anyone have an idea of what the huge recording bass to his left in the photo is? Now THAT is a BAT.
Miraphone 1291-5v BBb
Conn Monster BBb
"Half of the World is Below Average"
Liberty Mo
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Liberty Mo »

Maybe its just how the photo was taken, but it appears as thoght the portion where the bell connects to the body is bigger around than the guy's head, whereas the Holton in your picture doesnt appear that large. Again it may just be a matter of an optical illusion or my poor eyes, but that horn looks massive. The guy could be tiny also.
Miraphone 1291-5v BBb
Conn Monster BBb
"Half of the World is Below Average"
Joe Baker
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Joe Baker »

Also, notice that the guy isn't just holding the horn "on" his lap, but WAY UP on his lap. This is even more surprising given that he does, indeed, look like a smallish fellow. I've never seen anyone hold a tuba the way he's holding this one, reaching THRU the body to hug the bell stack. Bottom line: there isn't much space between the bottom bow and the leadpipe. I wonder if this is monster/giant/whatever Eb.