Hüttl

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Hüttl

Post by humBell »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-A-K-Huttl- ... 2348242429

I just like saying "Hüttl" even if i probably mispronounce it...

I can't say i know from experience how well i could make use of a larger bore size. .910 is pretty much as big as it gets though?
Thanks for playing!
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Hüttl

Post by bort »

If that sells for $4,500, I'll bet we see a few more Hüttl's for sale very quickly. :)
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Interesting/colorful item description. "Once in a lifetime" "one of a kind" "piece of history" and "used in Chicago for many years." What does that last one even mean? Is the seller claiming it was used in the Chicago symphony, for years, or what?
binlove
bugler
bugler

Post by binlove »

kmorgancraw wrote:Interesting/colorful item description. "Once in a lifetime" "one of a kind" "piece of history" and "used in Chicago for many years." What does that last one even mean? Is the seller claiming it was used in the Chicago symphony, for years, or what?
When I bought his Hirsbrunner kaiser, Bob Bauchens told me he had previously owned a wonderful Hüttl Bb and played it in the Chicago Lyric Opera. That instrument was stolen from his car, which led to him buying the Hirsbrunner (I think in the early 1970s). It would be an interesting twist to the story if this Hüttl turned out to be his. I sent him an email and a link to the eBay listing…
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Crazy. Seems like should take him about 5 seconds to know if it was his or not. Let us know what he says?
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

Missed my once in a lifetime chance...

Auction ended because item is lost or broken, says ebay.

Is there still hope of a happy reunion for Bob Bauchens?

I hope so!
Thanks for playing!
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EdFirth »

It is Bob's horn and he will get it back shortly.I saw it on Ebay about ten years ago and called my collector friend to tell him this was a kind of off brand but that I'd heard the guy in the Chicago Quintet play on one very similar to it and that he sounded phenominal on it, and the price was quite low, so he bought it. After it was cleaned up it was obvious that it had been overhauled and not used much since. It had flashes of greatness but there was obviously something wrong with it. He tinkered around with it for all this time (he owns about 50 horns). The planets fell into alignment and they figured out that it was Bob's horn. I guess there were only two of these monsters made. My friend also owns the other one, and Bob said that Jake had urged him to buy it. He sounded so Jake like it was scary. So a happy ending. Or is it so everyone lived happily after? Ed
The Singing Whale
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

The other one is now available, it would seem.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172518270926

Exciting, eh?
Thanks for playing!
tubadoctor
bugler
bugler

Post by tubadoctor »

Anyone here buy this horn? I have a feeling I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Hehe.
humBell
4 valves
4 valves

Post by humBell »

tubadoctor wrote:Anyone here buy this horn? I have a feeling I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Hehe.
Yeah, me...

Should i report back when i get a chance to play it?

First tuba i got is a Hüttl sousaphone, so i got a hankering i may nickname them Alpha and Omega.

Anyway, i hope got enough chops for it.
Thanks for playing!