C/Bb Euphonium on eBay

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
PhilSloan
bugler
bugler

C/Bb Euphonium on eBay

Post by PhilSloan »

There are currently several of these listed on eBay. I know some of the instruments coming out of China now are quite passable but has anyone had any experience with these at all? My brain is so locked into CC fingerings, I'd prefer not to reprogram my brain at this point.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Go ... SwiLdWBziK" target="_blank" target="_blank
Rudy Meinl 3/4 CC
F Besson French C
Conn 88H Tenor
BAC Elliott Mason Tenor
Bach 50B Bass
PhilSloan
bugler
bugler

Re: C/Bb Euphonium on eBay

Post by PhilSloan »

That was my expectation, unfortunately. I've heard of a few attempts at "C" euphoniums (I believe Wessex, at one point) and intonation seems to be the most common barrier. Thanks for the response, Mark.
Rudy Meinl 3/4 CC
F Besson French C
Conn 88H Tenor
BAC Elliott Mason Tenor
Bach 50B Bass
Worth
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Worth »

PhilSloan wrote:My brain is so locked into CC fingerings, I'd prefer not to reprogram my brain at this point.
If you read both TC and BC fluently and recognize the notes for what they are (i.e. coming from a piano background), it's an option to read TC Euph and keep your fingerings and mindset intact. This worked for me some years ago when I transitioned from TC Euph to CC Tuba. Of course YMMV
:tuba:
2014 Wisemann 900 with Laskey 30H
~1980 Cerveny 4V CC Piggy
1935 Franz Schediwy BBb
1968 Conn 2J (thinking of selling)
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Post by Michael Bush »

Also, that price is not going to be the price at your end of the customs desk. If you want one of these, your best bet with regard to price will be to find one that is already on your side of customs.
largobone
bugler
bugler

Post by largobone »

If you really want a C euphonium, your best bet may be the Jupiter or Yamaha valve trombone or have a Bb cut. Unfortunately that may cause some more intonation problems but it may turn out better than a...valve trombone :shock:
MM DePaul University
bass trombone, Evanston Symphony
trombone, Ohio Light Opera
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Try this:

http://www.cerveny.biz/bariton/cep_534_4m.php" target="_blank

I had one. Gorgeous tone and well-made. Rotary action superb, as is characteristic of Cerveny rotors. Shipped with generic 11C mouthpiece and Bb conversion slide. Octaves did not line up with m/p provided. I put a 3G on it and that solved the problem. Intonation good in C; not so great in Bb configuration. Play this horn in C and you'll get good results. Plus, you can use trumpet fingerings if you are facile with bass clef.

Ace