Anyone know anything about these tubas?

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Dreamofoenghus
lurker
lurker

Anyone know anything about these tubas?

Post by Dreamofoenghus »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/V-F-Cerveny-CBB ... SwiONYP1dk" target="_blank" target="_blank

Piqued my curiosity. I'm looking for a smaller BBb tuba for small ensemble work, and to help out with a herniated disc as well....I went through college several moons ago on a Mirafone 191. Love the horn, but it's a bit much for my needs now, physically and musically.

The Tuba Exchange TE-690 was a thought, or maybe a Jupiter 482, or Yamaha YBB 621, if affordable.

Any thoughts/experience welcome. Just a casual player looking for some guidance from the pros. 8)
Dustytuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Anyone know anything about these tubas?

Post by Dustytuba »

I cannot comment about Cerveny BBb, But I have a small Cerveny Eb, It's weight is 15 pounds, it fits me perfectly, sits on my right thigh, and leans to the left, rotors and mouthpiece are at correct height, and my fingers or back do not get tired, even after hours pr playing. I Love the weight and feel of the horn. The gig bag, with sholder straps also lets me carry the horn for blocks. I also have back problems, the Cerveny small Eb is the answer for me.

It Is mouthpiece sensitive, only seems to work with a Peranticci, like many of the European makes. Some of the very low notes are not Firm, a bit fuzzy, but ok.... for the average every day player. I am not a PRO. but play in Church every Sunday, and several times a week.

Does not sound like a big York or Martin to me, but to everyone I ask, it is just fine, fills the room.

As Always you must Play a given horn, you cannot fall in love with it over the web.
1909 Martin Eb, Old US Navy Horn
1909 Martin Euphonium, Old US Navy Horn
St. Pete Eb
Dreamofoenghus
lurker
lurker

Post by Dreamofoenghus »

I agree with the play test. Just doing a little research before going further. I appreciate the feedback. I really have no experience with the Cerveny horns. Luckily I'm only 2 hours from the tuba exchange. :)
Dreamofoenghus
lurker
lurker

Post by Dreamofoenghus »

Btw Dustytuba, I just looked and see that we're practically neighbors. I'm in the Albemarle area. Small world!