Conn 46k on ebay

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
skyguy
lurker
lurker

Conn 46k on ebay

Post by skyguy »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Conn-46K-S ... SwTA9X7A4s" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank

"1925 Conn 46K Sousaphone Grand Jumbo BBb 28" bell, good condition, playable 46 K"

:tuba:
Late 1920's King 1251 (4v) Sousaphone
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Conn 46k on ebay

Post by Donn »

That's some listing.

Asking price $3,879.
Location "A Great Lake State".
Local pickup only.

Well, I guess if you're ready to pay that much, it isn't too much trouble to fill out the contact form and find if he's in Rochester or 1000 miles away in Duluth, and you don't need to worry over much that someone else will snatch it away before that's sorted out.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

It's been listed several times. Would be nice to know where it is located.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

Ask him!
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

bort wrote:Ask him!
"SHIPPING: Shipping options will be determined once the auction is over it may be just to big to ship it may need to be trucked on a pallet that seems to be the best option and I will charge only the exact shipping cost from the carrier or you can arraign for a pickup from a trucking company or Local pickup is and option and full payment or the remainder of payment could be paid upon delivery. So it is listed as local pickup only, but I will work with the winning bidder on shipping options."

"I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO TRY AND HONOR SHIPPING REQUESTS."

Sort of dumb on the seller's part keep it hanging but if someone told them "I won't bid on it without knowing.", they might do their homework. At that price I certainly wouldn't risk it.

And I live in "a Great Lakes State".
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

That thing has been up there for months.
In that condition, and without a predetermined shipping plan, they're asking way too much.
Since there is no mention of it, I expect there is no case so Greyhound isn't even an option.
Not even sure what a Jumbo case looks like.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

bigtubby wrote:"SHIPPING: Shipping options will be determined once the auction is over it may be just to big to ship it may need to be trucked on a pallet that seems to be the best option and I will charge only the exact shipping cost from the carrier or you can arraign for a pickup from a trucking company or Local pickup is and option and full payment or the remainder of payment could be paid upon delivery. So it is listed as local pickup only, but I will work with the winning bidder on shipping options."
Well, that far I'm with him - that's the way to do it. If you paid the better part of $4K for the biggest model sousaphone ever, the like of which will apparently never be made again, you'd be a fool to try to ship it UPS - or Greyhound. But my casual impression has been that freight costs vary a lot. Maybe it would be a good idea for Tubenet members to compare notes some day on their favorite freight carriers and costs of shipping a pallet (more useful than the usual score keeping on whether one of the package-mashing services managed to deliver your tuba intact, anyway.)

But "local pickup only, and I'm not telling where"? that's just butt headed.
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

Just noticed it has a "Best Offer" option now.
I don't think it did before.
Who's gonna bite?! : )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1925-Conn-46K-S ... 2352620496" target="_blank