4 Valve Lignatone (Cerveny) Eb Tuba

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

4 Valve Lignatone (Cerveny) Eb Tuba

Post by bigtubby »

I have one of these in F and it is a great player, this is an older model Cerveny CEB 541-4X.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/132219228360
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Re: 4 Valve Lignatone (Cerveny) Eb Tuba

Post by bigtubby »

58mark wrote:I've never played an older version of this horn, but the ones I have played (going back 25 years) have been the worst playing tubas I've ever put to my face

This horn looks more modern than yours, Taller and thinner, and I bet it plays closer to the infamous 641
Yes, mine is older (top loading valves) but the geometry looks similar. What makes the 641 so notorious?
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.
Dustytuba
bugler
bugler

Re: 4 Valve Lignatone (Cerveny) Eb Tuba

Post by Dustytuba »

I think your opinion about the "infamious" Cerveny should have been kept to yourself. There seem to be Too Many self imposed experts with big egos, and even bigger opinions on this forum. To many times they make statement about a brand, country, or name with out thinking. What ever happened to the idea....If you cannot say something nice, keep it to yourself. It is a personal opinion...Did you play the horn in question...NO, Just a horn that looks similar. I have said it many times...In My opinion... you must play and hold a given tuba in your hands, to see how it sounds to you. The experts on this forum, In MY opinion, seem blow a lot of hot air to show off how important they think they are. I happen to have a Cervany, Eb for sale, if it does not sell, because of your opinions, are you willing to pay me for the loss of the sale? Or are your opinions just hot air to fill up space on the forum.
1909 Martin Eb, Old US Navy Horn
1909 Martin Euphonium, Old US Navy Horn
St. Pete Eb