Sanders Imperial- needs thumb ring Bookmark and Share

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals

Sanders Imperial- needs thumb ring

Postby Heavy_Metal » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Frank
Old Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1965 Mahillon 390 BBb
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3-piston BBb Helicon
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Sanders Imperial- needs thumb ring

Postby TheGoyWonder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

or the Made in Chyna edition. Not certain but I'd put my money on that.
TheGoyWonder
3 valves
3 valves

Postby Minkrott » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:55 pm

I had a Sanders Imperial. "Made in china" was stamped on the linkage bar. Lousy lacquer but played and sounded ok. This one is missing a rotor cap and the first valve is separated from the second valve, in addition to the thumb ring. Repairman's special.
Last edited by Minkrott on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM TU 10000 (Miraphone 191 clone)
Blessing Artist (Couesnon)
GRBIC 1907 Eb
Minkrott
bugler
bugler

Postby Dan Schultz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:56 pm

If the horn is branded Sanders 'Imperial'.... it was made in China. Sanders in recent years (since maybe 1970) is/was the house brand of Custom Music International. Their earlier Sanders line was indeed made my B & S/VMI. Maybe some of their earlier 'stencils' from Amati/Cerveny. I think they did a very good job of keeping up the quality standard even though the 'Imperial' tubas were Chinese.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Bohm & Meinl helicon, Marzan BBb 'slant-rotor', King 2341, Alphorn, BBb cimbasso, etc.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Postby kontrabasstuba » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:34 am

Rudi Meinl in germany has the same thump rings on his tubas. You can order it by himself. No problem..
kontrabasstuba
bugler
bugler

Postby Mark Finley » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:37 am

Or....

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/332299578950
Formerly 58Mark
Mark Finley
Low Brass Teacher
Low Brass Teacher

Postby kontrabasstuba » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:42 am

Yes, that's a B&S one
kontrabasstuba
bugler
bugler

Postby Gus_Pratt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:07 am

Dan Schultz wrote:If the horn is branded Sanders 'Imperial'.... it was made in China. Sanders in recent years (since maybe 1970) is/was the house brand of Custom Music International. Their earlier Sanders line was indeed made my B & S/VMI. Maybe some of their earlier 'stencils' from Amati/Cerveny. I think they did a very good job of keeping up the quality standard even though the 'Imperial' tubas were Chinese.

I bought this Sanders Imperial. I find it interesting that the one I bought has nickel-silver slide tubes; but the one mentioned in this post has brass slide tubes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bb-Tuba-4-Valve ... true&rt=nc
Gus_Pratt
bugler
bugler

Postby Dan Schultz » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Gus_Pratt wrote:
Dan Schultz wrote:If the horn is branded Sanders 'Imperial'.... it was made in China. Sanders in recent years (since maybe 1970) is/was the house brand of Custom Music International. Their earlier Sanders line was indeed made my B & S/VMI. Maybe some of their earlier 'stencils' from Amati/Cerveny. I think they did a very good job of keeping up the quality standard even though the 'Imperial' tubas were Chinese.

I bought this Sanders Imperial. I find it interesting that the one I bought has nickel-silver slide tubes; but the one mentioned in this post has brass slide tubes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bb-Tuba-4-Valve ... true&rt=nc" target="_blank

The link you posted IS NOT a Sanders 'Imperial' but a bona-fide B & S/VMI 'stencil'.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Bohm & Meinl helicon, Marzan BBb 'slant-rotor', King 2341, Alphorn, BBb cimbasso, etc.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Postby Gus_Pratt » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 pm

Dan Schultz wrote:
Gus_Pratt wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bb-Tuba-4-Valve ... true&rt=nc" target="_blank" target="_blank

The link you posted IS NOT a Sanders 'Imperial' but a bona-fide B & S/VMI 'stencil'.

All I know is that the bell says "Imperial" on it. You can not see it in the pictures, but it clearly says "Imperial". I suspect they were probably some B&S horns that were made as Imperials. I couldn't not find a makers country of origin on it anywhere.
Gus_Pratt
bugler
bugler

Postby Dan Schultz » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Gus_Pratt wrote:.... All I know is that the bell says "Imperial" on it. You can not see it in the pictures, but it clearly says "Imperial". I suspect they were probably some B&S horns that were made as Imperials. I couldn't not find a makers country of origin on it anywhere.

Maybe I spoke too soon. I went back to the original listing and there is not an image of the bell engraving that's readable. I wonder where the Ebay seller got 'Saunders' from?
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Postby Heavy_Metal » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:58 pm

The real question is- how does it play?
Frank
Old Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1965 Mahillon 390 BBb
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3-piston BBb Helicon
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Return to Off-Site deals and Ads