Amati 4-Valve F on ebay

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Amati 4-Valve F on ebay

Post by MaryAnn »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 55049&rd=1

I know nothing of the tuba or the seller, but I played one of these a few years ago, and it was pretty nice. If someone is looking to "try" F tuba and doesn't want to drop $4k, this would be a great place to start. It's not a huge F tuba; the one I played had a nice, light sound that would be great for solos. I was playing the 8th horn part in octets, and it went up in the treble clef nicely, and the low C was easier to play than the C on my MW 182. I had a little bit of a hard time not having the 5th valve.

MA

Anybody see the Viennese 6-valve F tuba? Wow! It would be fun to have it just to learn to play it.
Kevin Hendrick
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Kevin Hendrick »

Thanks for the heads-up on this one, MA -- that's a nice-looking horn! Very similar to the current Cerveny 651 F, from the looks of it. Glad you had a chance to play one. Can't argue with the price, either! Judging by the pictures, there's probably room in the vertical part of the leadpipe for two more rotors on top of the existing "stack", if one wished to add them later. :)
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -- Pogo (via Walt Kelly)