New PayPal requirements?

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Lyle
bugler
bugler

New PayPal requirements?

Post by Lyle »

I just won a bid on a horn, trying to use PayPal to pay for it (I'm not a new user) & PayPAL won't use my credit card & insists that my invoice exceeds the 'transaction limit & I need to get 'verified'. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Lyle
Todd S. Malicoate
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Todd S. Malicoate »

Not a new policy...PayPal has always had a total payment limit of $2000 on non-verified accounts. This applies to the sum of all payments you have made since you opened your account and starting using it.

All you need to do to get verified is add and confirm a bank account - shouldn't be a big deal. You provide the bank name, account number, and routing number - they make a couple of small deposits in your account - when they show up on your bank account, you follow a link and report those amounts to PayPal. Bang, you're verified. The whole process only takes about three days.

Then, go to your account overview and click "view limits." If you still have a withdrawl limit, you can also confirm your SSN simply by typing it in (assuming your SSN is really yours!). This should lift your withdrawl limit.

Best of luck, and make sure and take advantage of the PayPal ATM/Debit card - I use it to pay nearly all of my bills and it pays cash back (try getting that with a bank card)!