MRP on Ebay

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
Porky
bugler
bugler

MRP on Ebay

Post by Porky »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-S-CC-Tuba-5-4 ... Ciid%253A1" target="_blank

Whats wrong with it besides the bulge in bell on the side? Scam?
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: MRP on Ebay

Post by bort »

I thought that sold last week...
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

It did. Buyer must have backed out. Buying a seriously damaged horn sight unseen is a spendy gamble. NPS is a legitimate retailer, I've been there many times. I'd be willing to go check the functionality of the horn if somebody was willing to pay for my gas and a stop for all you can eat sushi...
ckalaher1
3 valves
3 valves

Post by ckalaher1 »

I asked via email if the valves and slides moved freely, and they said "Yes, the valves move freely".

Intriguing, but as previously stated, it'll be a gamble for whoever takes it home.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

ckalaher1 wrote:I asked via email if the valves and slides moved freely, and they said "Yes, the valves move freely".

Intriguing, but as previously stated, it'll be a gamble for whoever takes it home.
Intriguing. I talked to them on the phone and asked if I could come inspect the horn. They said to give them a few hours to unpack it. Apparently it is heavily plastic wrapped. I seriously doubt anyone has moved, let alone oiled the valves in a long time. These aren't regular handlers of musical instruments.
ASmith
bugler
bugler

Post by ASmith »

I called about it and someone has unpacked it. The valves move freely.
Rudy 5/4 CC
Willson 3400-FA5
InTuneBb
bugler
bugler

Post by InTuneBb »

I was the winner of the auction. However, at the same time I was bidding on this, I had my eye on another MRP that was nearby. Ended up going for that one, since it was near me, and I could actually go and test it out.

Although I apologized to NPS, they still attempted to force me to pay for it, saying "Once your purchase an item on eBay, you must fully committ to payment, unless the legitimacy of the item is at question. Sorry, we can't cancel the order." It was then that I told them "I can question the legitimacy of this item if you'd like... since NPS doesn't sell tubas." After they received that, they immediately cancelled the order.

Thats my story. Good luck to the new winner.
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bisontuba »

InTuneBb wrote:I was the winner of the auction. However, at the same time I was bidding on this, I had my eye on another MRP that was nearby. Ended up going for that one, since it was near me, and I could actually go and test it out.

Although I apologized to NPS, they still attempted to force me to pay for it, saying "Once your purchase an item on eBay, you must fully committ to payment, unless the legitimacy of the item is at question. Sorry, we can't cancel the order." It was then that I told them "I can question the legitimacy of this item if you'd like... since NPS doesn't sell tubas." After they received that, they immediately cancelled the order.

Thats my story. Good luck to the new winner.

Don't bid on items if you aren't going to buy them...
InTuneBb
bugler
bugler

Post by InTuneBb »

bisontuba wrote: Don't bid on items if you aren't going to buy them...
Oh I was gonna buy it... if I hadn't learned of the other MRP... Sent them a message with ample time for them to cancel my bids. I didn't bid just so I could back out of it at the end....

Thanks