Conn 32J ? Tampa Craigslist

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Conn 32J ? Tampa Craigslist

Post by edsel585960 »

The listing is for his 4 valve King which is a beauty. He also has a "24" J for the same price. Check out the pics. No short action valves. 3 Front action pistons. I think is a 32J ?. Nice looking horn. I'd go give it a look but I simply don't need another big a$$ tuba around. Anybody looking for a rare BAT? :) https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/msg/d/ ... 62919.html" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Last edited by edsel585960 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Conn 32J Tampa Craigslist

Post by TUbajohn20J »

I don't know. That definitely doesn't look Conn to me. A 32J is identical to a 22J but with long action valves. It would also very closely reassemble a 36J minus 1 valve. The top branch is too low to be Conn. The circle slide pull ring on the bottom of the first valve slide is not Conn. The angle of the bell points up higher than a Conn. It kind of looks like a sousaphone valve section. A lot is different. Possible it's a Martin or a buescher?
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

I don't think this guy knows *what* he has. He says the King is from 1985. When was the last year of the removable bell? And the three banger isn't a 24J.
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

TUbajohn20J wrote:I don't know. That definitely doesn't look Conn to me. A 32J is identical to a 22J but with long action valves. It would also very closely reassemble a 36J minus 1 valve. The top branch is too low to be Conn. The circle slide pull ring on the bottom of the first valve slide is not Conn. The angle of the bell points up higher than a Conn. It kind of looks like a sousaphone valve section. A lot is different. Possible it's a Martin or a buescher?
I was wondering the same thing. Didn't really look "Connish" The stack looks bigger than on my 2xj's as well. :? We'll wait for Roweenie, Yorkaholic and the Tuba Tinker to weigh in. Holton?
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TUbajohn20J »

edsel585960 wrote:
TUbajohn20J wrote:I don't know. That definitely doesn't look Conn to me. A 32J is identical to a 22J but with long action valves. It would also very closely reassemble a 36J minus 1 valve. The top branch is too low to be Conn. The circle slide pull ring on the bottom of the first valve slide is not Conn. The angle of the bell points up higher than a Conn. It kind of looks like a sousaphone valve section. A lot is different. Possible it's a Martin or a buescher?
I was wondering the same thing. Didn't really look "Connish" The stack looks bigger than on my 2xj's as well. :? We'll wait for Roweenie, Yorkaholic and the Tuba Tinker to weigh in. Holton?
A serial number would tell a lot!
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Re: Conn 32J ? Tampa Craigslist

Post by thejester10276 »

It looks near *exactly* like a 3 valve version of this martin (with a smaller bell). The picture shows that mammoth next to the craigslist horn. I rotated the picture so the tubas are *more* parallel (not perfectly :roll: ) so it is easier to see some of the similarities.

http://imgur.com/a/KYA4V

**sidenote** I can display the image directly from imgur on here because after uploading the photos to the album, you can right click individual images and open them in a new tab. Copy the link for the image and you are able to use the "" feature with it. Just an FYI for anyone interested.
Last edited by thejester10276 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TUbajohn20J »

Yep definitely a 3 valve Martin. Cool horn! Wonder where he got Conn 24J from?
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

thejester10276 wrote: http://imgur.com/a/KYA4V
**sidenote** ... Just an FYI for anyone interested.
While we're at the side notes - that " target="_blank" crap that shows up in your post can be avoided by enclosing links in a URL tag. There's a "button" for it, or you can just type in the URL /URL brackets yourself. It's some wretched glitch in the forum software, that multiplies itself every time the post is quoted or otherwise re-rendered (looks like you edited your post a couple times.) If you just write out a link (with the http prefix and everything) without that URL tag, the " target="_blank" fun starts the next time it goes through the forum.
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Post by thejester10276 »

Donn wrote:
thejester10276 wrote: http://imgur.com/a/KYA4V
**sidenote** ... Just an FYI for anyone interested.
While we're at the side notes - that " target="_blank" crap that shows up in your post can be avoided by enclosing links in a URL tag. There's a "button" for it, or you can just type in the URL /URL brackets yourself. It's some wretched glitch in the forum software, that multiplies itself every time the post is quoted or otherwise re-rendered (looks like you edited your post a couple times.) If you just write out a link (with the http prefix and everything) without that URL tag, the " target="_blank" fun starts the next time it goes through the forum.
Thanks, fixed it :oops: