Conn 2XJ upright bell

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
WakinAZ
Community Band Button-Masher

Conn 2XJ upright bell

Post by WakinAZ »

TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Conn 2XJ upright bell

Post by TUbajohn20J »

Hard to find! Someone better jump on this I know there were several people on here looking.
Conn 26J/27J
Conn 22K Hybrid
WakinAZ

Post by WakinAZ »

Yep, rare as hen's teeth. And this is about what they go for a la carte.
I don't think the bulk of folks who uses forum actually look at this subforum that much. I'm tempted to repost this in the for sale section and get a rap on the knuckles.
WakinAZ

Post by WakinAZ »

I think the problem for both the Conn 2xJs and the Martin Mammoth could be easily resolved by a clever importer importing Chinese-made clones of those bells or perhaps a tighter focus 22in version.

Dan Schultz imports both 186 and 1291 Miraphone clone bells. I'm sure the same factory could probably figure out how to make a Conn or Martin bell.

I really feel the right setup could be a license to print money, or at least a nice sideline for someone.
WakinAZ

Post by WakinAZ »

Another one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162683242185
Good seller, Taylor music out of South Dakota. They refurbish a lot of tubas.
Always worth a call if you're looking for a Conn or King Bell. Or even other American makes for that matter- Olds, Selmer et cetera
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

lost wrote:I dunno. In the past 3 years i have seen quite a few pop up. As the amount of people who regularly played these big horns decide its not worth it anymore and "retire" to a smaller horn...we could be in the midst of a conn 2xj upright bell renaissance...now if only the martin upright bells would start appearing...
I agree. The price on the 2XJs has gone down in the past few years. Too many players downsizing. I have a friend in that boat with his 21j. Too heavy and awkward at his age. If he could get 1000 out of it right now he would be lucky. Id buy it from him but i already have both bells fo mine.
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.