"GOLD TRUMPET INSTRUMENT"

Sell and Buy equipment via Ebay and Craigslist
Forum rules
This is for posting links to off site deals that you are not personally selling,but wanting to pass along good deals
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

"GOLD TRUMPET INSTRUMENT"

Post by hup_d_dup »

Appears to be a Stradavarius with stuck valve. At $25 opening bid, probably worth looking into, if you can pick it up in Oklahoma City.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/v ... rce=Eloqua" target="_blank

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: "GOLD TRUMPET INSTRUMENT"

Post by The Big Ben »

It's a Selmer TR300 which is their student model. (See the description at the bottom of the listing.)
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Post by hup_d_dup »

There is a stop rod below the 3rd valve slide. This is a feature of a Strad, not a TR300. The case, with its interior covering flap, also appears to be a Strad case, not a student model case.

I think the description - gold trumpet instrument - could mean they may not know what they have.

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Hmmm... I don't know as much as you about this sort of thing.

If I lived within a half hour of OKC, it might be worth a roll of the dice on the condition of that valve. If it's a Strad and could be had for $50, $200 would fix a lot of things and be a heck of a deal. However, I live just about as far west as one can go and still be in the continental US. If I could bring the Seattle Supersonics back with me when I came home, I'd consider it.... ;)